Chapter 8

i stood in front of the police department hesitant on going inside. what is Laim going to think? will he hate me? i wanted... needed Laim to be safe. one day his father will kill him, and then start on Mike. someone needed to stop this guy. 

"HEY! you okay?" someone shouted. i looked over to my right and seen a younger officer slowly walking to me. that's when i noticed i had blood on my clothes. i took off running as he shouted for me to stop. he chased after me down every road and ally, till i hit a dead end. a wall covered my exist out. he was going to arrest me, why wouldn't he i was covered in Laim's blood. i started to panic as my breathing got worse. 

""kid!" he shouted making me turn around around. he had his left hand over his weapon and slowly walked to me. 

"please don't arrest me. i didn't do anything." i pleaded. the officer looked to be in his early 20's. short blonde hair with bright blue eyes. he was skinny from what i could see. he lifted his right hand up, palm down to the ground. 

"it's okay. what's your name?" the officer asked. i was still panicking as he finally stopped at a distance where we could talk without shouting. 

"I'm... I'm Marcus." he nodded and placed his right hand over his chest. 

"I'm Jackson Knight." he moved his hand away from his weapon and stood straight up. 

"what happened Marcus?" 

"My friend... he... he was being abused. he was covered in blood." i told Jackson everything. he took a deep breath when i was finished and nodded. 

"I'll look into it. and i'll get back to you. okay?" i nod and look to the ground. as he went back to the department i went back to Laim's. 

i stayed at Laim's in secret for the rest of the school year. we did our presentation and graduated right after. Liam celebrated with his friends and i went back to my dads.  i snuck into my own room through the window late at night while i knew he was sleeping. 

couple weeks go by and i don't hear nothing from Laim, i began to worry. Was he okay? why haven't he gotten a hold of me? was i nothing to him? to many question's filled my head, i needed to see him. before seeing Liam i went to go see Jackson. 

as i walked into the police department i felt vary nervous. i asked for officer Knight and waited by the doors. about 10 minutes later Jackson came out and we sat at his table. 

"well?" i asked. Jackson sighed and leaned forward a bit. 

"there's nothing we can do. your friends father is a powerful man. he can get out of anything." he paused and looked around and then whispered. " the police have been looking for some kind of proof that he killed his wife. if you could get your friend in here and confess, then we could get him behind bars." i stand up and take a step away. "Marcus?" Jackson looked confused. i look at him and speak. 

"I'll get him to come in." i walk out and head to Liam's house. 

i walk up to Liam's drive way and look at the house. his dad's car wasn't here. i walk up to the door and knock on it. it took some time before someone answered the door and it wasn't Liam, it was Chris. he looked me up and down and then cracked up laughing. 

"what the hell are you doing here?" Chris laughed more as he spoke. i roll my eyes.

"i need to speak to Liam." Chris no longer could breath from laughing. he took in a breath and calmed down. 

"Liam doesn't want a loser like you in his house." Chris started to shut the door in my face. i didn't have time for this. i put my hand on the door stopping him. Chris looked at me with anger on his face. 

"i... need... to... see... Liam." i looked Chris dead in the eyes. Chris could kill me if he really wanted to. 

"Liam doesn't want to see you." without hesitation i spoke right after his.

"I wasn't asking." i hissed at Chris. Chris smiled and opened the door for me. 

"he's in his room." i watched Chris as i walked past him and ran up the stairs. i make it to Liam's door and hesitate. what if Chris was right? no. i needed answers. he needed to leave with me. i knock on the door and wait. 

"come in." i hear his voice. i put my hand on the door knob and take a deep breath and then open the door. i walk in and look ahead of me to where the window is. his back was to me and he was shirt-less. the marks on his back broke my heart. he doesn't turn around till i shut the door. he didn't look to different. still the same man i fell for. 

"what do you want Marcus?" he moved to the bed and threw on a shirt. i looked at the bed remembering everything. "Marcus?" i look back at Liam.

"you haven't text or anything. seeing if you were okay."  Liam chuckles. 

"I'm fine. is that all, cause my friends are down stairs waiting for me." Liam try's to walk past me but i put my hand on his chest stopping him. 

"What happened?" i asked. Liam looked at me confused.

"what?" he was pretending. 

"what happened to us? we had something before we graduated. you can't deny it." Liam looked at the door and then at me. 

"it was nothing to me. i used you for the project so I can graduate. that's all." he hissed making my heart shatter. Liam walked to the door. his hand twisted the door knob as i spoke. 

"i cared about you Liam." there was silence. "i loved you." i whispered. i never turned around to look at him. i didn't want him to see my pain. i could hear him take a deep breath. "I'm not going anywhere till u talk to me." Liam chuckled slightly and left to his friends as my heart shattered even more. i fell to my knees and cried out. i was nothing to him? i couldn't believe that. 

sorry it took so long to post i lost my WIFI.... hope you like this chapter...