Chapter 6- He did what now?

Chapter 6: He did what now?

            All of them stiffened up and looked at me with wide eyes. Cam was even worse, his grip on my tightened and he pulled me in closer to him. I looked up at him and he was looking down at me, raking his eyes over my face trying to get more information.

“I shouldn’t have said that,” I groaned. I wanted to pull away from Cam but something inside me wasn’t agreeing. Instead I nuzzled my face into his chest and let out a deep sigh.

“Ryn, how did your parents die?” Cam asked me quietly. I shook my head, my eyes still closed I had no idea what was happening around me. “That’s okay; don’t tell me until you’re ready to.”

            I nodded trying to say thank you but I just couldn’t talk yet.

“Ryn baby I think you should get some sleep,” Alex said from behind me.

“I’ll take her,” Cam said and before I knew it, he was carrying me bridal style back to the tower. I didn’t even care. Being with Cam calmed me down more than I would like to admit.

            He sat down on my bed, I was still in his lap, crying into his shoulder. Cam just kept rubbing his hands down my arms and shushing me gently.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” he asked suddenly.

“Tell you what? That my parents were murdered when I was eight?” I almost laughed. “Yeah, because that’s such a great conversation starter.”

            Cam shifted me so I was now straddling him, and tilted my chin up to face him. The way he was looking directly into my eyes in a position as um, intimate as this… Cut it out Ryn you’re being creepy!

“Ryn you were alone for all those years,” he whispered bringing his forehead down to mine. “That’s not fair.”

“Life’s not fair Cameron,” I scoffed. “You learn to move on.”

“Have you?”

“Have I what?”

“Moved on.”

            I bit my bottom lip. “I’m trying.”

“You shouldn’t try alone.”

            I avoided his eyes and started playing with the hem of his shirt.

“Ryn?” I looked up to meet his beautiful green eyes. “I’m here for you, you know that?”

“You’re being awfully mushy you know,” I laughed. He grinned.

“Hey I blame you, I used to run away from crying girls.”