19

Ironically, Hanamiya wasn't the biggest fan of the aggressive way of taking care of his problems. Making others, mostly Miho, do the dirty part, he prefered to keep his hands neat and clean. However, at this very moment, his dubious principles shattered as he had to dodge a blow from one of the goons inside of the warehouse. Nearly growling in annoyance, Hanamiya thrust his upper body into his opponent's body, until the latter stopped with his back against the wall. The last remains of cement crumbled from the brick wall, as he punched the air from the man's lungs. As the man timbered down, Hanamiya took a step back, panting heavily. But just as the boy leaned down, resting his hands against his knees, the man somehow managed to get back on his feet. Before Hanamiya could regain his breathing, he was already locked in an iron grip, struggling to elbow his captor.

Feeling the raw taste of his own blood, coming from his bitten tongue, Hanamiya pushed his body forward, causing the man to lose his balance. The duo fell with a dull thud. From his inconvenient position on the ground, out of the corner of his eye, Hanamiya saw Matsumoto shaking his assailant off of himself before knocking the man out with one, precise blow. Not that Hanamiya expected anything in particular from his player but what he certainly didn't think would happen was Matsumoto turning on his heel and fleeing with a full speed out of the warehouse. He had no idea what was stronger, his disgust that Matsumoto actually bailed or the fact that after all Miho was good at judging characters.

With a loud groan, Hanamiya managed to roll over his assaulter on the ground. He pinned him with his knee and swung his arm to finish said bastard once and for all but he never managed to do so as a piercing sound of a fired gun resonated in the air, halting everyone in the warehouse in an awkward position. The little moment of distraction ripped Hanamiya off of his victory. Without even as much as realising it, he was already laying on the cold ground, dust sticking to the side of his face.

"Oi! Nobu! Didn't I tell you to wait for us?" A tall man in his 30's with, spiky platinum hair appeared at the entrance, a large group of men crowded behind him.

"Since when I am obliged to fulfil your orders, Akiyama?" Himura deadpanned, looking quite displeased with the turn-out of events.

The blonde grinned stepping inside, smoking gun in his hand.

"Since you're too old to deal with a bunch of high school brats. Look what I found outside—" Akiyama waved his gun casually; the crowd of men parted, two of them stepping out dragging the lifeless body with a large red stain on the front of its jacket before tossing him on the ground, "Didn't you happen to lose something?"

Himura walked closer and kneeled before Matsumoto's body; he slide his glove off and placed his fingers on the boy's neck.

"We caught him before he got in the car." The younger man informed.

"I believe I told you to keep out of this." Himura stood up, glaring at his acquaintance. "Thank you for your help but I can take it from here."

"Quit cock-blocking, Nobu. It's obvious you lost your touch. You're too old for your job." Akiyama smirked, the fact that he wasn't fond of the older man very clear. "And let's face it. I'm better." He added insolently before addressing his peers. "Get those snots up. We'll have a little chat."

"What about him." One of Akiyama's men asked, pointing his chin at Matsumoto, the stain on his clothes getting bigger.

Akiyama looked over his shoulder. "Just leave him be. He won't be much fun."

The men dispersed, gathering Kirisaki's team and lining them up, two men beside each member.

"You can stay and watch if you like, Nobu, but don't dare to interrupt me. I hate that." Akiyama levelled with Himura, whose eye twitched as the younger male leaned closer. "Who knows... maybe you'll learn something useful?"

With a cheeky smile, Akiyama left. Himura was stiff with anger but despite the younger male's best efforts, he forced himself to stay. After all, if not under control, Himura was more than well aware of what Akiyama Chichiro was capable of.