18

The sound of muffled curses resonated inside the pitch-black car as its wheels got caught up on an uneven road. For most of the ride the car smoothly slid through asphalt streets until recently when, judging by the poor condition of a road, it slowed down. Hanamiya didn't know how long they had been on the road since upon entering the vehicle Himura insisted on them leaving their phones in his care.

"That's just a precaution," he insisted. "After all we'd like this conversation to stay private."

Hanamiya's lips twisted in a grimace when the older man's word forced its way back on the surface of his mind. He started to feel really pissed both at the way they were being patronized by Himura and the fact that his head bumped over the car's ceiling as the vehicle bounced on an uneven road.

The car gradually slowed down before halting completely. The doors cracked open, moving swiftly on metal rails.

"This way, please." Himura appeared out of nowhere, guiding them out.

Hanamiya got up, his shoes sinking deep in a cover of freshly fallen snow. It was dark already, only Moon illuminating a large, ramshackle building before him. an odd, unfamiliar feeling settled in Hamiya's heart as he realised they were driven in the middle of nowhere, miles from prying eyes. His mind reeled its highest speed, sharpening his senses as he quietly went after Himura, his team's footsteps following right behind. For a split second, Hanamiya felt like giving in to his instincts and just getting the hell out of here, beating up both the old geezer and his stodges; he believed it wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

'Six on three...' he pondered but as soon as he became aware of that thoughts, he nearly gagged; finally, he got the opportunity to get rid of the long-lasted thorn in his side, he couldn't possibly just turn on his heel and bail. Plus, he'd be able to finish the Generation of Rainbow, which always was worth his effort. If that pest was actually waiting for them, it'd be a tremendous loss to just give up on that.

Feeling somewhat cheerful, considering his circumstances, Hanamiya stepped into the building. The cold, howling wind nearly swept him off his feet as he saw the abandoned warehouse was empty, a few lone patches of snow lying around, as the holes started forming in the building's roof.

Hanamiya's chin dropped on his chest, long fringe covering half of his face, catching the Kirisaki Daichi team off guard.

"What's going on, Hanamiya?" Furuhashi demanded, angry that apparently, their captain left out some important detail as he told them to follow him. But as his hand moved to yank on Hanamiya's arm, a low and brittle laugh halted his movements. Furuhashi frowned, retreating his hand as Hanamiya's crude howl echoed in an empty space.

"Shouldn't we do something?" Hara elbowed Seto, who send him a hateful glare.

"Like what?"

Hara winced as he watched Hanamiya throw his head back in a mirthless amusement. "I don't know... but—"

"Just wait, Hara, or once we're out of here, it'd not only be Kou we'd have to deal with." Seto pushed his hands into the pockets of his jacket, his face staying impassive.

"Where's the brat?" Hanamiya asked groggily, regaining his composure. "He's not here yet, so I assume the master plan involved getting us in this pithole. But then what? Call him and tell him to get here right now."

Himura straightened the sleeves of his coat, taking his time to answer.

"I'm sorry but it'll be impossible. The young master stated clearly his wishes and it's not in my power to bring him here."

"So why bother? Must say that the state of this dump is pretty shocking but I'm far from scared, old man. More like you're starting to seriously piss me off."

Himura looked nonplussed by the boy's rant; he ducked his hands in his pockets and took a pair of black, leather gloves, before putting them on, his fingers stretching to fit better.

"I'm only following instructions, Hanamiya-kun." He deadpanned and flexed his palm at his goons. A loud whistle was heard, followed by footsteps muffled by the snow.

Four men appeared from the darkness, their faces not tainted with a single thought. A rush of adrenaline shot through Hanamiya's veins.

"You leave me no choice..." He smirked before twisting his neck to look at his companions. "Pick up your jaws and let's get this over with."

"Fine by me." Seto's bones cracked as he flexed his neck. "God... this is surely tiring."

"So for the record, we don't have to hold back, right?" Hara asked cheerfully, not really expecting an answer.

"If you want to leave here on your own feet, then yes." Furuhashi deadpanned.

"Always so dramatic, Kö-ji-rö." Hara chirped, his chewing gum already cooling on the snow.

Hanamiya snapped his fingers.