3

It was Kou's self-study period but instead of sitting in her class, like the rest of her schoolmates, she walked to the library, getting directly to the back of it. She found Hanamiya, propped on his arms, half-lying at his usual spot on the table. It didn't surprise her the slightest since it had become a more and more frequent occurrence for him to hide in there. He really enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of the only part of the school he marked as idiot-free.

Kou opened her bag, supporting the bottom of it with her knee and took out a pink folder along with a medium-size red box, and tossed it on the table. The file with the box atop of it slid over the smooth surface. It stopped once Hanamiya outstretched his hand, halting it midway to end up on the floor; he did not as much as budge from his current position.
"I hope you're happy, 'cause it's the last time I'm doing this," Kou warned, walking to the armchair near the windows. She dropped her bag on the floor and fell on the cushions with an exaggerated sigh.

"You've been saying it so many times it's already lost its meaning," Hanamiya informed, his voice muffled by his arms.

"Now I mean it! Next time you're on your own!" The girl pointed her finger at him before dropping her head over the backrest, her hair messily hanging from the armchair; it looked as if the furniture grew a mass of dark brown locks. "Can you believe that snotty brat had a file on me?! On me!" She huffed flippantly. "Un-fucking-believable! She's either that dense to believe the stuff she wrote about me, or she's simply underestimating me!"

Hanamiya sighed. "Intelligent, popular... good at socializing, captain of the archery club... numerous victories, twice as many prizes—"

Kou raised your eyes at her friend, frowning involuntarily.

"—impeccable grades... the top five students in Kirasaki."

"Don't need to butter me up, Makoto," she snorted. "You're making me blush!"

"I'm merely reading what Momoi wrote," he explained, giving his friend a sidelong glance. "Likes the routine... very high I-Q... huh, interesting... one-hundred-fifty-eight—"
"Wait! WHAT!" Kou shot on her feet, nearly tripping over her bag. "It's one-hundred-sixty-eight!" She half-yelled, snatching the file from Hanamiya's hand.

"Still lower than me."

The girl glared at him, before furiously scanning Momoi's notes.

"Where the hell did she get that?! O-C-D?! I don't have a mental disorder..." Her voice trailed off as she read more and more not even semi-accurate remarks about herself. "Possibly bipolar?! Selfish and goal orientated... Well, that's not half as bad, I guess," she sighed raising her eyes at Hanamiya, whose face was still plastered to the surface of the table. "She writes I posse a great power of observation."

Hanamiya lazily raised his arm, jabbing a further paragraph in the file.

"There's more."

Kou rolled her eyes but read it, feeling her breath cutting in her throat. "... possesses a great power of observation due to possible schizophrenia..." She reread that sentence a few times, not really believing what she'd just seen. "What the fuck!" She seethed, shoving the documents back on the table. "Where did she get all that? I haven't even been at the psychiatrist, so how can she tell all that stuff, eh?"

"The student outdid the master herself. Momoi has been learning from the best. It's no wonder she developed her skills in that certain manner after copying your every step." Hanamiya finally leaned back in his chair and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"Don't even get me started on that! Yesterday she told me she's been admiring me... I was her inspiration! I could snap that skinny neck of hers, making it painful for her to breathe before crushing her windpipe for good!" Kou twisted her fingers like claws and pretended to strangle Momoi, closing her fingers over thin air.