Chapter 32

After Tharn finished his classes, he rushed back to pack his bags. He would catch the early morning flight to Surat Thani and then take the ferry to Koh Pagnan. Once he was done with the packing, he ordered food. By the time he took a shower, the food had arrived. After dinner, he called Type but Type didn't pick up. Seeing the time, he figured that Type would be resting. So he didn't disturb him any further. He sent him a message.

"Good night, love. Can't wait to see you tomorrow, my Type"

He smiled to himself before going to bed. But he found it hard falling asleep. One, it was still early and two, Type wasn't beside him to cuddle. He let out a sigh before reaching for his earphone and plugging them into his phone to listen to music, hoping he would fall asleep.

And it had helped for the next he could remember was waking up to the alarm he had set. Tharn jumped out of bed excited and got ready. Once everything was set, he grabbed his phone, keys, and bag before walking out of the dorm.

He got into his car and drove to the airport. Soon he had boarded the flight and found his seat. Time seemed to pass by quickly, for when he stared out the window, there were no more buildings any higher than two stories. Just homes, nature, and the most sky he hadn't seen in almost five years. He smiled. He had forgotten how beautiful the world looked outside the city.

When Tharn had landed in Surat Thani it didn't take him long until he found a ferry that would take him to Koh Pagnan. The silence, nature, the fresh air - it was almost hypotonic so he sat in awe for a long while after the ferry had left the terminal, unable to think, but very able to feel. A wistfulness welled up inside that he couldn't put into words, not even in his brain.

The ferry whirred loudly but the sound eventually faded into the background as the ears became used to it. He rested his elbow against the railings and watched the scenery outside.

Tharn had traveled by this ferry a couple of times, sitting just like this. Nothing much had changed except the conversation topics that the other passengers talked about, heads close together, backpacks dropped on the floor by their feet. There were only a couple of them; an elderly woman, a twenty-something guy with headphones, a group of teenagers in the back, and two middle school girls who sat at the very front near the driver.

The view of the island, the cliffs of the mountains, and the greenery of trees were so peaceful. It was all so intimately familiar to Tharn. He could map them by smell, by taste. The ferry arrived and the driver spoke in some native tongue from far south, one that Tharn remembered hearing long ago but couldn't understand a syllable of.

One of the tour guides, saw Tharn blinking.

He smiled, " I take it you can't understand. He is just saying that we have arrived at Koh Pagnan and that the next ferry to depart is at 10 am." Tharn paid respect to the guide by Boeing down and saying thanks.

"Where are you heading to? I might direct you. You seem to be new here." Tharn shook his head with a smile.

"It's fine, Khun. I had lived here a few years back. I know the way. Thanks." Tharn said.

"That's good. See you around." Tharn bid bye to the tour guide before looking around. He breathes the air which he had missed for so long. With excitement in his heart, he started to walk in a familiar direction. He knew the way to Type's house, so he took songthaew, and before he knew it, he had arrived.

He walked up the familiar path and rang the doorbell. Everything looked the same and nothing had changed except the plants has increased in the garden, a new coat of paint had been applied making it look new. But when the door opened and Type's mother greeted him with her warm hug, the sense of familiarity set in again. Type's father began to warm up to him during the two weeks they spent in Bangkok. He patted Tharn's shoulder. Tharn smiled. He had spent most of his time in Type's house more than he did at his.