Chapter 31

When Type reached home, he couldn't believe it but he was exhausted. He blamed it all on the medications he was on. After sleeping the entire evening and night away, he was wide awake the next day. Truth be told, he felt bored. His father was at the resort while his mother was gardening in the backyard. When he went to help them, they chased him away. He climbed up the stairs, with a pout. As he was approaching his room, he stopped and turned to the room he hasn't entered in so long.

His brother's.

He remembered the glimpses of the flashback he had the previous day before reaching out and unlocking the door. He walked in and turned on the lights. The drapes were closed so there was hardly any light in the room. He then walked towards the windows and tugged the drapes to each side letting the sunlight shine into the room.

He opened the closet and found all his brother's clothes still hanging. On the top shelf was his brother's football. Type reached out with his good hand and took it. While doing that, his hand came in contact with a box. He then shifted his attention from the ball to the cardboard box. He pulled it down and blew the dust particles off, before placing the box carefully on the nearby study table. When he lifted up the lid of the box and looked inside, he let out a small gasp. As he opened it, he found a couple of photos in it and a few souvenirs. There were two sets of photos. Type picked up one and a smile found its way on his lips.

In the first picture, Tul and Type are standing beside each other with their height difference both holding a motorcycle helmet under their arms and grinning at the camera. In the second one, it's obvious that Type is the one sitting on the Go-Kart with a helmet on because of his green jersey. In the third one, it's Tul's sitting on the Go-Kart, Type's hand doing a peace sign in the side of the picture, in front of his brother. The last picture is of the two racing around, making the picture a bit blurry, but Tul was in front of Type on the race track.On the second is Type on Tul's shoulders in the water along with their parents splashing and kicking water around at each other.

Type's vision turned blurry as he started to remember the memories. He was taken back to the days he used to spend time with his brother, playing football and pranking each other. The unexpected heartbreaking news of his brother's sudden death was one of the worst memories. He had never spoken to anyone and even refused to play.

But one fine day, all this changed.

He then picked up the next set of photos, but this time he was shocked. The reason behind the change was revealed.

The first four photos were of two kids. One looked a lot like him and the other had messy dark hair and brown eyes. They were both smiling widely, Type missing one of his front teeth. In the background were what looked like a party being held in a backyard. In the first picture, Type had an arm around the other boy's shoulder, both of them smiling and waving at the camera, the kids beside Type sticking his tongue out. In the second, they were looking at each other. In the third, they were looking at something off-camera, and in the fourth, the camera had moved, the two running towards a table where a bunch of adults and other children were standing, a large cake on the table.

Under the pictures at the bottom of the page, there was something written.

'Tharn and Type 7, Type's birthday, 02/09/XXXX

"Tharn..." Type's voice was almost a whisper as he read the name.

In the third picture Type and Tharn were in the Ferris wheel in the evening, taking a selfie together, the rest of the amusement park in the background under them. The fifth one was of the background in the last photo, without the two in it, four adults, their parents on the ground, waving at them. Tharn's elder brother, Thorn, could also be seen in the corner of the picture, in the cabin behind Type and Tharn's.