2 || unceremoniously

And the walls kept tumbling downIn the city that we loveGrey clouds roll over the hillsBringing darkness from above-Pompeii, Bastille

In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above
-Pompeii, Bastille

And the walls kept tumbling downIn the city that we loveGrey clouds roll over the hillsBringing darkness from above-Pompeii, Bastille

May 28th 2010
Odin's Palace, Asgard

The masses cheer as Thor raises his hammer and practically struts down the steps towards the throne. He flips it and catches it with ease, grinning as he does. Completely unimpressed, I roll my eyes, not that he's paying any mind to me at the moment. He basks in the glory, encouraging the roaring crowd. As he nears the steps where I stand, we lock eyes for a moment and he shoots me a wink. Pretentious. I would shoot him a rude gesture, but his father, who also happens to be king, is a few feet away from me, so I settle for blowing a kiss.

Thor takes a knee at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at his father. He removes his stupid helmet and places Mjolnir on the floor, then bows his head. I see him lock eyes with his mother and wink at her too. I glance at my mother, who is stood on the step below Frigga, and we both just smirk. Frigga and I look at each other and both shake our heads with a slightly disapproving amusement. As much as we both love Thor, he's a bit too accustomed to this cushy royal lifestyle he lives. He raises an eyebrow at me when he sees the look I give his mother, but I simply give him an innocent shrug.

Suddenly, Odin's spear thuds against the golden floor, silencing the excited crowd's chatter. He stares straight down at his son, from his position on the throne.

"Thor Odinson,", he begins, "my heir,", I glance to Loki, who has his eyes closed and his lips pulled into a thin line, "my firstborn. So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, its power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy, or as a tool to build. 'Tis a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms from the time of the great beginning. Though the day has come-"

That's when I see it. Ice spreading throughout the palace. Tall, blue creatures, creeping through the halls. I've seen enough murals in my life to know what they are. Frost giants. I can feel the ice, the cold chill, which sends a shiver up my spine. I can see their piercing red eyes.