3"

Third year- Prisoner Of Azkaban 

Anala wrestled her trunk down the narrow carriages of the Hogwarts express.

She'd been looking forward to returning all summer. Though she loved her home and her aunt uncle and cousin it was always a breath of fresh air to be back up in the Scottish hills.

Bert hooted in his cage as she glanced through each compartment window, looking for her friends.

Finally spotting them towards the end of the carriage she threw opens the door to the compartment.

"Susan! Hannah!" She smiled dropping her trunk and placing berts cage down carefully before embracing the two girls tightly that had jumped up to greet her.

"Merlin Nala, let us breathe" Hannah chuckled

Anala and Susan had met Hannah at the Hufflepuff table just after their sorting. She was a funny girl, kind and considerate but never failed to say what was on her mind.

With the three girls sharing their dorms for the past two years they'd quickly become good friends.

"I'm so glad to be back" Susan sighed, "my brother kept trying to make me play quidditch with him" she shivered at the thought

"You really are dramtic sue" Hannah laughed, "have you seen any of the boys yet Nala?"

"Not yet" she shrugged, "Ceds probably doing his prefect rounds and Ernie, Zacharias and Justin are probably messing around somewhere

"Cedric isn't likely to be with them, I'm pretty sure he hates Zacha- wait? Cedrics been made a prefect?!"

"How do you know that?!" Susan asked

"Errr" Anala started, "we kind of sent each other letters over the summer-"

"No way!" Hannah squealed, "I knew it! I told you he likes you"

"Anala!" Susan gasped

"Calm down!" Anala whisper hushed, "it's not that big of a deal. He was just being nice, seeing how my summer was, plus he's a fifth year. He's a whole two years older than us!"

"So?!" Susan beamed, "he's nice and handsome and kind"

"Oh my god Susan!" Anala whispered burying her head in her hands

"This is so exciting!" Hannah whispered with a wide smile on her face

"Can we please talk about anything else, please, I beg"

At that very second the three girls watched Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger walk past their compartment.

The girls looked at each other glumly

"Have you seen the prophet recently?" Hannah asked

"Hannah you idiot! Of course she knows" Susan scolded sending Hannah a glare before looking towards Anala hesitantly

"Sorry Nala" Hannah winced, "I know it's a touchy subject"

"It's okay", Anala waved it off as she winced.

Her aunt Andromeda had broken the news to her that mass murder and known mad-man, Sirius Black, had escaped Azkaban.
The topic of the Black family was never brought up in the Tonks' household leaving Anala with little information on her father or his family. But she knew of Sirius Black, it was hard not to. Sirius Black was her fathers brother, from what she'd learnt from reading in the Prophet.

"They say he's escaped to finish off what you-know-who started" Hannah whispered, "they say he's back for Potter"

Susan let out a small squeak from beside them.

"It's alright Sue" Anala patted her leg, "I'm sure it will all be fine, though I imagine it will be pretty awkward if my uncle attempts to murder Potter-"

"Don't you think it's getting a little chilly in here?" Hannah interrupted shivering

Susan nodded in agreement, pulling her robes tighter around herself.

Anala peered out the window but threw herself back into her seat as the window started to freeze over suddenly.

The air around them seemed to become suffocating. Settling in their lungs making them breathe heavily, their breaths visible in the air

"What's going on?" Susan asked, her teeth chattering

"I've no idea" Anala replied, flexing her fingers trying to warm them up from the cold

The three girls looked at each other worriedly

Slowly the coldness started to diffuse away in the air while the glass started to defog and their bodies thaw a little.

Their compartment door slid open

Cedric smiled at them all, leaning against the door

"Are you girls okay?" He asked glancing around at them but lingering on Anala and sending her a quick smile

"Er yeah" Hannah nodded uncertain

"What happened?" Susan asked

"People are saying it was a dementor" Cedric answered with a frown

"A dementor?" Anala questioned, "arnt they supposed to be at Azkaban?"

"They were supposed to be but people are saying they're searching the train"

"For Sirius Black?!" Hannah gasped loudly

Susan cringed at Hannah's lack of subtlety while Cedric shot a worried look Anala's way.

"They think so" Cedric said carefully, "they've sent us out to make sure everyone's okay. Heard some third year Gryffindors had a bit of a problem" he shrugged

"Potter" Anala and Hannah said in sync, because who else could it really be

"But I better be going" Cedric smiled, "got to check in on the first years. Hey Anala- save me a seat at the welcome back feast?" He asked throwing her a grin

Anala only rolled her eyes in amusement, "perhaps if I can't be bothered"

"Don't hurt my feelings like that Nala" he replied, "I'll see you girls later"

"Merlin, he really is perfect isn't he" Hannah sighed

"Hannah! For god sake!" Anala laughed swatting her arm

"Abuse!"