Following our hearts

Mal's POV 

I can't believe that Evie just walked out the door, I have been there for her through everything, never left her side no matter who she decided to date. I look up, my vision is blurry from all the tears, I have never cried like this before, Harry wipes away some of the many tears that are cascading down my cheeks, he gives me a warm comforting smile that reassures me that he will always be here for me. 

"I'm sorry Harry, I shouldn't be breaking down like this, you can leave if you want to" I mutter in between sobs. A part of me doesn't want him to leave but if he wants to, that's ok. 

"Mal, baby, I will never leave you, especially when you just went through losing your best friend, you have every right to be breaking down, don't worry about it, I will never judge you. I love you and you are just following your heart and there is NOTHING wrong with that. Evie is just looking out for herself and that is all, she has been blinded by the greed that consumes royals within Auradon, unfortunately, you got burned by that selfishness, you will always have me here though. No matter what" he promises me, and I believe him, it's just so hard to believe that Evie just took off after being my sister for 15 years, it breaks my heart because I love her so much. 

Harry takes my hand and lies down on the bed, pulling me closer into him, his arms wrapped around me, protecting me from the world. I feel supported by him, he is the one person now that has never judged me for the decisions that I have made. We are both just following our hearts. "Baby, if you don't mind me asking, how did Evie and you meet?" he asked, genuinely curious as I don't open up about that kind of stuff to him, or to anyone in fact other than Evie, whom I used to trust with my entire life. 

"Evie and I met when we were 2, our mothers were imprisoned together, I had lived with my father for 1 year before that so I came back. We got along right away, when we were 13 - 14 years old, she saved my life. I was in a really dark place and wanted to find an easy way out but Evie was there to support me and to be there for me. She always told me that she would always be there for me and that she would never just leave" I managed to say before sobbing again, it was so hard to think that all those promises meant absolute nothing because she did exactly what she promised that she wouldn't. 

"I am so sorry princess" Harry responds, locking his lips onto mine, this kiss was what I needed, i need this man more than anything now. He is perfect

"You didn't do anything, why are you apologising?" I ask

"Because i know how hard this is for you and being here is hard, I get that and I wanna make sure that you are ok" he answers, he is right being here is going to be really hard now. 

"Harry, do you wanna stay here? In Auradon?" I ask, hoping he says no 

"Not really, but wherever you wanna go, I'll go" he answers, i think he has a clue of what I am thinking or getting at

"I don't think that I can stay here anymore, with Evie now gone and Ben and everything. I just cant handle it anymore, I wanna go back home, to the Isle" I announce, praying that he will come with me "And i was hoping that you would come with me" I ask, battering my wet lashes, hoping it will work

"Of course princess, i don't wanna stay here if you don't want to" he adds before hugging me, i can finally go home and i am not coming back here ever 

I am done with Auradon