The Night We Met

Mal's POV

As we watch the sun set, ever so slightly, I look up to Harry to see him looking down at me, while he is stroking my hair. He smiles as he looks at me, he has the most beautiful smile in the world, I  reach up to kiss his lips, he returns the kiss, fuck I love him. I pull away from the kiss and stare into his eyes for a minute, the greyish blue tone is beautiful, I could stare into those eyes for a lifetime.

"Hooky, do you remember the night we met?" I ask him, genuinely curious to see if he did remember that fateful night. 

"Baby, of course I do, how could I forget?" he answers, giggling as he replies. He caresses my cheek and plants a kiss on my forehead. "Do ye want me to tell the story princess?" he whispered in my ear, tingles shot through my entire body. I nod with excitement, this is one interesting story but it led me to be here in Auradon, in his arms.

"Ok, Once upon a time -" he started, knowing I hate those classic stereotypical start of the story, I swat at him, he chuckles, proud of himself. I look up at him and pout my lips, knowing that me doing that and biting my lips is his weakness. He gasps, while trying to remain appropriate, he crashes his lips onto mine for just a moment before continuing to tell the story

"4 months ago, I was at a party, it was for Gil (Gaston's son) and I was getting over Uma flirting with me, I had no interest in her, not even a little bit, fishes aren't my type" He mentions, I giggle to myself, no one like a fish out of water. He continues with the story 

"I remember, I was drinking a whiskey when I caught a glimpse of this vibrant purple haired girl, wow she was breathtaking to look at,  naturally I grew intrigued as I wanted to meet this supermodel, so I walk up to her, ready to use all my best charms to win her over, as it worked with other girls in the past. I approach her and start to charm her" he recalls. 

"I remember the exact line that you first said to me" I say while he gets all red and embarrassed, he starts to laugh at himself. "How can such a pretty little thing like ye be all alone on a night like this" I repeat, in his Scottish accent. He covers his face with his hands and starts to chuckle, shaking his head.

"I cant believe you didn't turn me into a crocodile or something, that was the stupidest line ever but it worked because look where we are now" he jokes. "After I say the worst pick up line in the world, you look at me unamused, ye replied "how many girls has heard that lame line, 5? 10? 100?" I was wounded as usually the girls would be melting on the floor for me at this point, but ye were different, I couldn't understand why my charms didn't work on you. I asked if ye wanted a drink and ye nodded, I became infatuated with ye, I couldn't get enough of ye, just your attitude and ye stubbornness turned me on, dont even get me started about ye little habits, biting ye lip mmm" he goes off, it's cute but I wanna hear the rest of the story, it makes me happy to hear the absolute travesty that was our first time meeting. 

"Snap back to reality Hooky" I interrupt his monologue about how I turn him on. 

"Sorry princess, so after at least 7 drinks, we were both quite hammered, I took your hand to the dance-floor as you were dancing in your chair. Once we were on the dance floor, you put your hands around my neck and moved your hips. I took the opportunity to wrap my hands around ye waist and pull ye closer to me. Ahhh it was the best night of my life. I fell in love with you right from that moment. You had that wild look in your eyes and a smile painted across your perfect face. You bit your lip which drove me crazy as I wanted to be the one to bite that lip. After we danced for a while, you dragged me away, to the alley where you leaned against the brick wall, I leaned closer, our faces inches apart, my lips crashed onto yours, closing the small gap that was between us" he narrated, before pausing to look down at me and kisses my lips, I smile during the kiss, genuinely happy, an emotion that I haven't felt for a long time. "However, you didn't give in all that easy, you teased and teased for a while until I earned it, it killed me to wait and to make you believe that I earned it, but in the end, it made me sure that what I was feeling for you wasn't only lust, it was love." He ended the story.

"So baby tell me, was I worth the wait?" I ask playfully, playing dumb as if I don't know the answer. I just wanted to hear him say it. For the words to escape his lips. 

"Definitely, I would do it all over again, that wait allowed me to solidify my feelings for you that can never change" he answered, pouring his heart into my hands. He slowly got up, making me fall down because I was leaning on him. 

"Where are you doing?" I ask, while trying to get up from falling

"I wanna dance with ye princess, not the way we did in the party on that night, I wanna do a slow song" he asked, while putting his hand out as a gesture for me to take it. 

"Oh ok, but there is no music" I added, I take his hand and he pulls me closer to him 

"I dont care, I just wanna dance with the most beautiful woman in the world" he answers, pulling me close, there is only millimetres between us now. He sways side to side, he hands rest around my waist while my hands are wrapped around his neck. We dance for what seems to be a few hours, I didn't want it to stop, this moment is beautiful. 

Harry leans down to met my ear, he whispers "I love you Mal" 

I reply, going on my toes to reach his ear, but he makes it easier for me to reach by ducking down "I love you too" 

"Don't say too, it just sounds like you are agreeing with me" he snaps, I smile at him and kiss him hard, it was passionate and intense

"Harry James Hook, I love you so fucking much" I say before kissing him again.