~5~

After a much needed nap, I woke up to find that Grandma and Bibha were still asleep. Careful as to not wake them, I made my way out to the balcony. A gust of air blew in right as I opened to door to the balcony. Quickly I snuck out and closed it behind me.

We were pretty high up, so the balcony presented a beautiful view of the citylights. I looked up to find yet another beautiful view. The sky was clear tonight and was glittering with stars. Right there as I stood on that little piece of heaven, a voice floated through the air, bringing me back to reality.

"Hey neighbour"

I turned towards the source of the voice, to find Aidan, leaning against the balcony right beside ours. As if by some power in the universe that knew exactly what I needed in this moment, Aiden appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey you..." I replied, walking closer.

"How lucky of me to find you here..." he mused.

"Balconies, beaches and libraries... find the nearest one and you'll find me," I said looking up at the beautiful stars, "I do love me a starry sky too," I added.

"Girl after my own heart I see... except for the libraries maybe," he said.

"Add some background music and this will look like a scene right out of a movie," I said.

"Ah, I think I can fix that..." He said, before fiddling with his phone. 

Soon enough beautiful tunes, flowed through the air.

(A/N : Play the song now )

A huge smile graced my face as I heard the lyrics. 

"Moonlight becomes you, it goes with your hair

You certainly know the right thing to wear"

"Wow so Mr. Tough Guy knows sweet love songs too?" I teased.

"I don't like restricting myself when it comes to music, every kind of music has its own way of telling stories..." He said.

"A man after my own heart..." I hushed out.

Scared to look at him too long, lest I fall too deep too fast, I settled on looking at the sky. But ofcourse, Aiden had different plans. 

He started to sing along to the song. Be still my heart.

"You're all dressed up to go dreaming

Now don't tell me I'm wrong

And what a night to go dreaming

Mind if I tag along..."

And that right there, was when all the walls around my heart went down crumbling. I dared a look at him, to find him staring right back at me. I couldn't fathom the entirety of the moment that was happening. Starry night, the perfect guy and music to complete the whole thing. I was pretty much convinced that I was dreaming. 

I would've tried to pinch myself too, but then my grandma peeked into the balcony, breaking us out of the trance.

"Honey what are you doing out here? We gotta go down for dinner... lets go," she said.

"Yeah grandma, I'll come in a second"

"Okay love," saying she shut the door.

I turned to look at him, to see him looking back.

"I have to go... sit with me at the dinner table?" I asked expectantly.

"Ofcourse..." he said.

We walked back into our rooms, sparing each other a final glance. 

Down at the buffet, I told Grandma that I was going to sit with my friends and left to find Aiden. Filling my plate with food, I looked around to find Aiden, sitting at a table with Tyson. 

I was a bit bummed that we wouldn't be alone, but I chided myself for it. Besides I liked Tyson, he was cool. While walking towards their table, I found Sibashish walking around looking for a place to sit so I called him.

"Hey come on we'll sit with Aiden and Tyson..." 

"Oh okay," he said, walking with me to their table.

"Hey mind if we join you guys?" I asked, making them both look up.

"No ofcourse not... sit down guys" Tyson said.

Then ofcourse, being the gentleman that he was, Aiden stood up to move my seat back, so that I could get in. If I wasn't already blushing from the action alone, Tyson's smirk made me blush even harder. 

"So we gotta wake up super early tomorrow... bus leaves for Cairo at 5 A.M." Sibashish quipped, breaking the silence.

"Man we finally get to see those Pyramids that people keep raving about" Tyson said.

"Yeah what's so special about them anyway?" Aiden said, shoving his face with the food.

"Apart from the fact that Its still undetermined how they moved those large rocks to create the damn thing?" Sibashish replied.

"My money's on aliens," Tyson replied, ever the smart one.

We didn't waste much time and finished our dinner quick. Aidan was sweet enough to walk me back to our room.

"Well this is where we part..." I said, turning to look at him.

"Until tomorrow... I'll save you a seat at the bus," he stated, evoking butterflies in my stomach.

"Thanks, goodnight then..." I wished.

"Goodnight sweetheart..." He replied, getting into the room.

Be still my heart...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------