Chapter 5- General Araton

Isabella waved goodbye to Johnathan as he left to get her horse.

"He'll be fine." Robin said beside her.

"Don't you think I now that?" Isabella replied turning from the wagon departing the camp.

Robin shrugged "I just know you for worrying so much." He explained leaning back on his chair.

Isabella rolled her eyes "You don't know me yet Hood." She whispered passing him. 

She walked into the meeting tent walking into Rowen muttering to himself looking down at a map of the camps. Isabella stood next to him examining the labeled map. She sucked her teeth reviewing each placement and soldiers. 

"Fort Mortens is to close to the river." She said pointing to the blue square. 

Rowen muttered "If we move them they have no water source." He snapped.

"Not if you move them closer to the mountain. The mountain has crystal clear water running down it on the west. And its farther from Prince John's necessity fort east of them at the moment." she added

"Than....they'll attack Fort Tyrone and they are low on men." 

"Send a portion of Morten's soldiers to them. As well as more supplies they are low on that as well." She said writing that on the parchment beside the large map.

"Isabella.......what would I do without you?" Rowen asked pushing up the blue box to the west side of the mountains.

"You'll do fine!" She encouraged walking to the table to pour them glasses of wine. 

"No! You would do more helpful work here than out looking for the King!" He argued. "This is why you need to be ruler. Not because of your blood! Because you have the heart to take care of your people." 

"I told you I will think about it!" she replied handing him his goblet.

"You won't stop putting it off unto your father has returned." Rowen said before blessing his drink.

"You know me to well, Father." Isabella smiled sipping the strong drink.

He sighed before sitting down. Isabella sat next to him as he took a long sip from his wine. 

"Please do not worry about me." Isabella begged "We aren't going into the bandit's land anytime soon. And if we do we will come here first." 

Rowen frowned "Don't take pity in me. I'm just an old man who worries as much as his Brain thinks." 

Isabella laughed taking the Fathers hand in hers "Thank you, Rowen." 

"Anytime my, dear. Just remember......."

"Sir!" A voice cut them off at the entrance. Isabella's head shot up. A tall handsome man was at the entrance. He had dark long stringy hair and a bit of a shabby short boxed beard which was a bit uneven. He had gray....cold....eyes that were as if stone. 

"oh.....General. Isabella do you mind if we finished this conversation later?" Rowen asked standing up.

"Of course." Isabella answered eyeing the General suspiciously. 

"My Lady." The General grunted bowing slowly.

"General." Isabella replied curtsying before walking out snapping the curtains shut. She pursed her lips thinking of the General.

"What? No Princess can't here what the General has to say." A annoyed voice asked.

Isabella looked to her right to see Robin laying on the grass clenching his jaw.