a night out

She enjoyed the rain ever since she was a little girl. How it pattered against the window of her room rhythmically. Eventually Asami evaded the thought of falling back asleep and turned over in bed letting the silk sheets drag across her skin as she did so. The CEO thought this may have been heaven, Korra was there, sleeping soundly next to her. Or not so soundly, she thought as Korra peaked her eyes open with a small smile.

"Morning, sleepyhead." She said, scooting closer and letting their limbs intertwine.

She loved when Korra slept over, it made the house feel so much less lonely. And in the mornings when they woke up she was always so sweet, so gentle. Korra yawned in response and lifted her leg over the engineer's body.

"Morning Sami'" She mumbled in reply, lazily pressing a kiss to her collarbone and resting her hand on the CEO's waist. "How long till you have to go to that stupid meeting?"

"It's not stupid." She replied, stealing a much needed kiss from her girlfriend. "Zhu Li wants to start plotting out reconstruction stuff. I told her I'd help. We've got about an hour before I have to get up."

"No. No just stay here." Korra pleaded, pulling Asami in and letting the CEO close the gap between them.

Her lips felt soft against the Waterbenders, the sensation was something she'd never felt before. This was love, Korra often thought to herself, and she wasn't completely sure why she ever waited so long to pursue her feelings. Asami was right here, kissing her, pulling her in and wordlessly pleading for more with every touch. Korra wanted it, everything she had to give and she wanted to give all that and more in return.

"You know I would if I could." she whispered, when Korra pulled away and nuzzled up against her chest. "How about this, after both of our jobs are done for the day I'll take you on a date somewhere special, just the two of us."

Asami stroked her hair lovingly as she hummed in approval. The shorter girl's chestnut brown hair had grown out a little but, reaching just above her shoulders. Korra constantly complained about how she needed to get it cut but never had the time to actually do it. The CEO on the other hand, thought she looked amazing either way.

"I'd like that." she finally responded.

"Where do you want to go, my love?"

She cherished all the moments like this. Especially the ones where Asami called her those sweet names, the ones that always made her feel extremely special.

'My love.'

'Baby.'

'Darling.'

They always managed to make her happy, and that was something she needed over the past few years. She needed to feel loved. Laying here in bed with Asami, she couldn't imagine why people fought with each other or started wars. How could anyone be mad or upset at the world when this could be them? When feeling this good was a possibility.

"Surprise me." Korra murmured. "You know this city better than I do. I trust your judgement."

"Will do." She murmured.

They spent the rest of the time Asami had laying in bed, two people connected to each other. The sound of the rain outside the confines of the mansion made Asami want to rethink Korra's request. In a state of pure love; kissing, laughing, and Korra trying to convince Asami to stay for 'just five more minutes'.

Eventually the CEO finally clambered out of bed. She took a couple of minutes to tie her hair into a lazy bun, apply some makeup, and put her work clothes on.