Entry #6

Title: My First Kiss

It all happened one afternoon on my elementary school. It was break time and the students were scattered everywhere. The weather was hot and I could sense drops of sweat on my forehead. I decided to buy an ice cream and sat behind Toby's chair. Toby was my one and only classmate that can annoy me better than my little sister.

It didn't matter actually. Whether I sat behind him or not, I would enjoy my meal.

A lot of students were going in and out of the cafeteria while some were in their classroom. Still, I don't care about that. All I care about was how could I finished eating my favorite chocolate ice cream before it melt. If I didn't, the melted part will reach my hand and it would be troublesome. I was also savoring the taste and I found it very refreshing.

Amidst of this blazing hot weather, here I am, licking this delicious food ever invented, but then got distracted by the annoying voice of Toby talking loudly behind me. I looked at him with rage in my eyes. I gave him signs to shut those freaking mouth but he just looked at me for a second and ignored me afterwards. I called his name in a scary yet serious tone and with a deathly glare, I told him to shut up once more. Well because, he's destroying my appetite.

He ignored me once again and continued talking. As if testing my patience, he talked more loudly than before. I asked him one more time, with a gentle and calm voice to quiet down a bit.

But he just mimicked what I have said in a childish kind of way. My blood boiled. I stood up, fury making its way across my face. Stomping my feet on the ground, I faced him. I crouched forward, daring him to repeat what he said one more time. He grinned, so irritating I should have punched his face.

He opened his mouth and the words that triggered the madness of anger out of me was repeated. Because of that I've lost my mind. Without thinking, I shouted at him, saying all the bad words I could think of. His eyebrows went down and he growled. He looked so pissed, it's almost laughable. He also shouted back bad words at me.

I didn't back down, I walked closer to him and cussed heavily at him, the words burning on my tongue as I screamed them. He was taken aback, but soon regained his composure and flung to me an even worse set of curses and explicit words.

As we said a word we take a step forward, making sure that the other would clearly hear what we want to say and such making a ruckus. Every single students stopped to what they were doing and started to watch us. I didn't feel any embarrassment for I was focusing only on this idiotic person in front of me.

When our faces' were so close to each other, I suddenly have this urge of punching him. We looked at each other with ferocity. I clenched my fist, ready to punch him, but I felt my right hand all sticky. I looked to my left hand only to found out that my beloved ice cream was crushed. All because of this guy's fault.

"I should wash my hand as soon as possible. But if I break our intense glares now, he'll call me a coward. I don't want that. All right, I'll just give him one last insult then walk away," I said to myself.

My head turned to face him once more and to everyone's surprise, the outcome was....a kiss.

We were saying 'F*you' at the same time thus forming the words in our lips, but because of our fight just now, we were so close to each other, my lips unexpectedly touched his.

It was just a second but I surely felt his lips unto mine. I immediately stepped backward and covered my mouth. I could feel my cheeks burning and my heart beat increasing.

I looked around and saw my classmates. The crowd who were entertaining themselves with the commotion were now looking at us with shock and amusement. I slipped through the crowd and went to the restroom. I was spitting, gargling and crying. The last one seems unreasonable for me to do even though it was only a peck in the lips but I still cried. For me, kisses are sacred things only given to your beloved one. Not the most annoying person on earth named Toby.

My friends comforted me when I got inside the classroom. Then, our teacher arrived. She saw me sobbing. Confused, she asked my classmates what was going on.

Instead of scolding us, she told the class about a certain student of hers. She was invited on a wedding whereas the groom and the bride was her students in the past. She told us that those two were always fighting in class and always making a fuss. But in the end, they end up together.

She even told me and Toby that 'that' might happen to us. I was dead silent and didn't say any word till the class ended. The accident kiss became a rumor and spread like wildfire inside and outside the school. It was really difficult for me to go to school after what had happened.

Time passed and the accident disappeared on everyone's minds, like a paper being swoop away by the wind, it all faded and gone. But there are some people, especially my friends that didn't forget. They are still using that to tease me.

Looking back, it was indeed funny.