CHAPTER 15

It's been a week, and the only interaction I've had with Lisa was when I picked up her pen after she dropped it, and she said "thanks." It's been the longest week of my life, and I refuse to live like this. So I decide that I will speak with Lisa tonight, no matter what.

I buy ramen and a bouquet of flowers—two of Lisa's favorite things ever—and set them up on the dining table as I wait for her to return home.

As soon as I hear keys by the door, I rush to grab the bouquet and stand by the door.

But what I see absolutely destroys what's left of my heart.

Everything I've felt this past week cannot compare to the pain of seeing Lisa with a different girl on her arm. Long brown hair, incredible blue eyes, and a body that puts mine to shame. To make things worse, the way this girl is holding on to Lisa screams sex.

Lisa brought her home to sleep with her. In what used to be our room. On our bed.

I think I'm about to pass out.

"I didn't know you'd be here tonight," Lisa says to me, avoiding my eyes.

"Who's she?" the new girl asks Lisa.

Absolutely drained, I manage to force a smile. "I'm Jennie, her roommate. She got this for you, and she got dinner delivered," I say as I hand the bouquet to the now blushing girl.

"I'm Sana," the girl introduces herself to me with a friendly smile. "You're so sweet," Sana says to Lisa as she kisses my girl's cheek, and I swear I want nothing else but to scream.

"It was nice to meet you," I manage to say to Sana.

"You too," she replies.

Unable to bear how much I'm feeling, I turn around and lock myself in Rosé's room.

As much as I tried, I couldn't sleep tonight.

-

Reminder: Bazaar shoot today!!! Be ready by 7:30AM 💕

Dressed up and ready to leave, I hit Mark as Completed on my phone as I make a cup of coffee. I don't even drink coffee.

I drag my feet to the sofa and mindlessly stare at the television while I wait for my cup to cool down.

The door opens. I hear footsteps enter the kitchen, then approach me. I feel the sofa dip as Rosé sits beside me

"You didn't make breakfast," Rosé says.

I shrug mindlessly.

"You only ever not make breakfast when something's really wrong. Like, the only time you didn't was when... you know," she says, referring to when my mum got sick. "What did Lisa do this time?"

I just shake my head.

She crouches in front of me to meet my gaze and her eyes widen. "You look like hell! You have a Bazaar shoot today! Did you even sleep last night?!"

I shake my head again.

"Hey, what happened?" Rosé asks as she grabs her bag and quickly applies light makeup on my face.

"It's over," I say.

"What do you mean, chica?" she asks.

I sigh, and as if on cue, Lisa's bedroom door opens and Sana emerges, doing the walk of shame as she heads out of the flat. She flashes us a little friendly smile before leaving.

Anger flashes across Rosé's face, while I'm just absolutely drained. Fuming, Rosé stands up, but I weakly grab her wrist.

"Don't. Please," I say.

"No! It's just been a week and she's already sleeping around?! This is bullsh—"

I involuntarily shut my eyes at her raised voice, cutting her off.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice," Rosé says as she crouches down again. "I'll deal with it, okay?"

"No, please. Just... I can move out by next week."

She shakes her head. "No, no. What do you want?"

"Lisa."

"Why're you going to leave, then?"

"She doesn't want me anymore."

"You know that isn't true," she rebuts. "She's just really hurt—"

"And I'm not?" I weakly cut her off.

She lightly squeezes my hand as she stands up. "You two will work it out. I know you will. Plus, now that I think about it, I doubt she even slept with that girl."

"She stayed the night, Rosé. What could they have possibly done? Play UNO?"

She just laughs as she walks away, confusing me with her sudden change of mood. "Go to your shoot, chica. I'll catch you tonight. I'll talk to that asshole."