CHAPTER 6

"Lisa," Jennie nervously calls me.

"Mmm?"

I feel her wrap her arms around my waist, and my tough exterior crumbles. "You're jealous?"

"I'm sorry. I really don't want to be that girlfriend. This is literally the first time I've ever been jealous and I'm sorry. I just... I don't know," I ramble.

"If it bothers you so much, I can stop talking to her-"

"No, no. You don't have to do that. But... I don't know. I've noticed that you two have been talking a lot recently, huh?"

"Yeah. Just catching up, though. All friendly stuff and nothing more, I promise. You can read all our texts if you want to. But I swear if it bothers you, I can stop."

"I trust you," I tell her. Maybe Joohyun just misinterpreted Jennie's stories.

"Okay. I want you to meet her. I'm seeing her on Wednesday. So you can see she's not a threat. Is that okay?"

I make a mental note of cancelling meeting up with Joohyun. "Okay," I reply with a nod. "Why're you meeting her though?"

"She referred me to one of those bigshot agencies that her firm handles, so she scheduled a meeting with an agent for this Wednesday."

"Okay."

"Are we okay?"

"Yeah, of course." I sigh. "I'm sorry, Jennie. We should be celebrating your Bazaar booking but I'm being annoying. I'll make it up to you tonight."

"You're not being annoying," she assures me. "It's okay to be jealous sometimes, and I'm glad you told me how you felt. Cheer up now, okay? We're okay, I promise."

-

Inhale. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7. Exhale. Repeat.

This-and breathing as silently as possible so as not to awaken Jennie-have been all that's in my head for the past 10 minutes.

"Lisa, I don't know if you're touching yourself or having trouble breathing again," Jennie sleepily mumbles in my ear as she holds me closer, causing me to freeze.

I shut my eyes and attempt to stabilize myself.

"Lisa?" I hear her ask in a worried tone.

"Shh, I'm jacking off," I joke dryly.

"Lisa, I'm serious."

I open my eyes, and find her concerned eyes on mine. I smile. "Don't worry about it. Go back to sleep." I kiss her cheek to calm her down, but she props herself up on one elbow, and her hand reaches for my cheek.

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing."

She frowns, obviously doubting me. She sits up and grabs my wrist to take my pulse. "Shit," she mumbles before she runs outside my bedroom.

She comes back with a glass of water and half a tablet of Metoprolol. "Sit up," she orders, and I follow with difficulty as she assists me. I rest my back on the headboard. "Drink." She helps me as I gulp down the pill and half of the water in the glass. She takes the glass and sets it down on the bedside table, then brings all her attention to me. "Feeling better?"

I nod.

She holds my hand and kisses the back of it. "What's wrong, Lisa? This hasn't happened in so long. What's getting you anxious?"

You and Jisoo, I wanted to say. Joohyun has been telling me about how you're still gushing about Jisoo, and I don't know who to believe anymore.