XXVI

heyyyyy everyoneeee... Sorry for being MIA for like a month 🏃🏼‍♀️

I had so many essays and exams which I had to prioritise. I also had a few personal issues which meant I couldn't find the time to write (anyone who follows my twitter @/lxuisfineline will probs have noticed i was pretty inactive on there as well) BUT IM BACK AND IM NOT LEAVING Y'ALL HANGING!!!

THANKS FOR STICKING WITH ME!!! <3

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT AS IT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED AND YOUR COMMENTS ALWAYS MAKE ME
SMILE!

Ten months later...
Red lights and loud music pulsated through the ears of Louis Tomlinson as he leaned back on the plush, exorbitant sofa in Tape London. The room was hot and stuffy and yet oddly familiar. Surrounding him were family, friends and colleagues, all smiling: elated and so proud of the man from Doncaster. Every so often, a patron would shake his hand and another widely famous celebrity would introduce themselves. Louis blushed and nodded, grateful for the immense support.

"Congratulations on the album, Louis!" Ashe squealed, running up the stairs, inviting herself into the VIP area, much to the distain of the hunky security guard who glared ferociously. Louis's face lit up with love and admiration and he took her into his arms. The blonde beauty still smelt youthful and vibrant like freshly picked strawberries on a summer evening and her presence was forever warm and inviting. He felt her melt into his open embrace and he nuzzled into her neck, leaving a gentle kiss on her shoulder.

Since Factor 28, the two had remained close friends, but Ashe had moved back to America to pursue a career with a major label. She was flourishing; she'd just collaborated with Lewis Capaldi and was well on her way to her first Grammy nomination.

Unlike his friend, Louis had chosen a different path. Having seen the worst of the industry, he made himself a promise. He would never get caught up in the world of Hollywood again. It was a toxic, awful, harrowing, lonely existence, and he did not want any part of it. Instead, he settled for a small indie label who allowed him free reign to do what he wanted.

From freedom birthed Waves by Louis Tomlinson.

His oceanic masterpiece.

The album received critical acclaim and charted at number 3 on the Billboard Albums chart. The success was a shock to everyone and sent tidal waves through the industry. He had gone from a disgraced talent show contestant to one of the most exciting newcomers.

Louis was not surprised by its success however.

They say that with tragedy comes art and Louis had almost drowned in his own mind. Instead of collapsing however, he found that there was something beautiful in his close demise; his broken soul. It was something that he could channel, something that he could harness to paint the story of his life. It helped heal him and finally close the chapter on his romance with the forbidden prince.

"How are you?" Ashe's soft, melodic voice cut through Louis's daydreams and he stared briefly, before morphing his face into elation.

"I'm doing great. Already looking into a worldwide tour and I already have a few ideas for my second album," Louis began to list his future plans, eagerly, but paused as his friend shook her head: white hair catching the red light like a burnt flame.

"No Lou. I mean how are you really?" A hand rested on his shoulder and Louis glanced at the comforting touch. He knew what she was referring to. He swallowed and sighed.

"I'm getting there. This is the happiest I've felt in a long time. I think putting Why on the album helped a lot with the healing," Louis confessed to how he had found the writing therapeutic and his fellow singer nodded, hand still present on his arm. She squeezed it gently and gave him a sympathetic smile.