9

Continuation of the story 🙃

Carlas pov

It was 6am, I had to get up early to prepare for a meeting at 9am. It was raining so I decided to leave earlier, I like my office to be VERY clean and make sure I'm all set before my meeting, plus my makeup takes at least 20 minutes it would take me longer, so I decided to wake up before Samuel. Surprisingly he didn't wake up to the sound of my alarm, he was basically up all night so he should at least get the hours that he needs.

After I woke up I quickly got dressed did my make up, (which did end up taking a little over 20 minutes) but it's fine cause I still have time to prep for my meeting. I'm meeting with a friend of mine from London that wants to invest in the wineries, ever since he tried one of my unreleased white wines in London ever since he has been obsessed.

I arrive at Marquesado de Caleruega, I walk in the building straight to my office and see Valerio sitting in my chair.

"Well if it isn't my trusted advisor."

Valerio: "Carla! I have been waiting for you."

"What's up vale?, everything alright?"

Valerio: "of course Marquesa but, since we are relaunching I just need you to sign these papers real quick before you make your final decision about... about that guy that is coming later. What's his name? Chad? Chase? No..

"Chris?"

Valerio: "Ah yes Chris! Him yes before you make that decision for him to invest, just read over these boring papers and sign them and I'll deal with them when your done."

"Alright just leave them on my desk, and I'll look over them while I wait for Chris to come."

Valerio: "Ok sounds good, talk to you in a few."

"Bye vale."

I smile and wave at him while he walks out of my office.

While waiting for Chris I start reading over these contracts/buisness papers, answering countless emails and messages.

I'm in the middle of a phone call when I hear a nock on my door. I end the call because it wasn't really that important it was my dad's secretary I told her I would call her back, since she has been nagging at my secretary all week to tell her to call me because I guess my dad has some "grand ideas" for the wineries that I really don't care about.

I get up from my desk, walk over to the door and no surprise it's Chris. He's a little late but that's fine.

Chris: "Carla! Hey how are you?"

He goes in for a quick hug and kisses me on the cheek, I pull away and say

"Hey Chris I'm good, how's everything in London?"

I let him in and we both make our way over to my desk and both take a seat.

Chris: "Eh it's ok quite boring since you left actually, not that many parties anymore haha but it's ok."

"That's good, how's Gavin and Amelia?"

Gavin is his boyfriend of 3 years and Amelia is his sister.

Chris: "They are doing really good! They miss you a lot though."

I let out a slight chuckle