#9

On the way back to the headquarters, Kevin kept crying, kicking and tugging at his shorts.

"Woah Kevin, relax." Erwin chuckled as Kevin accidentally kicked him in a place he didn't want to be kicked again.

"It h-hurts." He weeped.

"I know it does." Erwin hugged on more tightly. "Here we are." Kevin turned his neck around to see the giant gates and then his gaze went to the trees where he saw some birds playing around. But then he felt a sudden sharp pain in his bum and he hugged Commander Erwin's neck again and closed his eyes.

Erwin's neck and his shirt were all wet from the sweat, his button down white shirt had now become translucent and his golden hair were now a lighter shade of brown.

"Oh boy, it really is hot today." Said Erwin.

Kevin opened his eyes up and scanned around. They were now in the garden near the archways of all the corridors but Erwin skipped the one that lead to Kevin's room. Instead, he hurriedly entered the one that lead to his office.

"Wait here, I'll be right back." Said Erwin making Kevin sit down on his seat.

"I don't wanna stay here alo-"

"Kevin, I said wait here." Said Erwin sternly. " And don't leave my office before i come back. Is that understood ? "

"Mhm." Nodded Kevin.

Commander Erwin went back to the garden, his fist clenched around his sword and as he was passing one of the corridors, he saw a dark figure from the corner of his eye and immediately stopped.
The figure had his back towards Erwin and he was wearing the scouts' cloak.

"You're a little early to be here, the training isn't over yet I suppose."

The figure froze and turned around slowly.

"Reiner ? What on earth are you doing here ? "

"Nothing commander, thought I'd forgotten something important so i came ba-"

"Did you inform Levi ?"

"Yes commander I did. "

"And he let you come ?"

Reiner nodded.

"Just like that ? "

Reiner nodded again.

"Well I order you to leave this place immediately and go back for training. Now."

"Y-yes commander."

Reiner did the signature salute and left for the gate.

MEANWHILE IN COMMANDER ERWIN'S OFFICE

The door creaked open and Berthold entered.

"Shh, shh, it's just me." Berthold whispered and he tiptoed inside.
"Come on there's something that i want to show you."

Kevin jumped from his seat to go but he remembered Commander Erwin's words.

"Uncle Erwin asked me to stay here Berthold." And he sat back down.

"I'm taking you to him, come on let's go."
Said Berthold placing a neatly folded paper on Erwin's table.

"Uncle Erwin's going to scold me."

"Are you coming or not ?!" Berthold raised his voice.

"No-" Kevin said meekly.

Berthold grabbed Kevin by his arm and kept a hand on his mouth to make sure he could execute his job in silence and then he proceeded to strap Kevin on his hip with his free hand.
Kevin tried his best to escape and in doing so one of his shoes came off but he still wasn't free from Berthold's grip.

When he was done strapping Kevin, he came into the corridor with one hand on Kevin's mouth, the other on his ODM gear. After a look towards the far right end, he made a run towards the left and without making a sound, he escaped, vanishing in to the woods.