#3

" Excuse me Commander, I'll go with them." Said Hanji.

Commander Erwin nodded and Hanji hurriedly went outside the hall. She looked on her right and on her left but couldn't see them.

"How many times have I told you to behave like a good boy ? How many times Kevin, how many..." Hanji heard Levi's voice trailing off and she followed the echo which led her to Kevin's room. Without knocking, she stepped inside to see Levi scolding Kevin.

" I'm sorry-"

" This is not the first time you've done something like this Kevin ! "

"I'm sorry Daddy." Kevin started to cry and as he wiped his tears on his sleeve, he saw Hanji standing in the doorway.

"Aunt Hanji ! Please ask D-Daddy not t-to smack me !"

" Levi... Let him go." Said Hanji.

"Jean's head was bleeding, didn't you see it ? Something worse could've happened !"

"I'm sorry Daddy, I won't pull anyone's chair again."

Levi looked at Kevin and saw his eyes filled with tears, deep down he hated when he had to scold him but discipline was as important as love.

"Fine." Levi said exhaling.
"I'm letting you off but if you do something like this again... Anything like it, I'm going to punish you for that."

"Don't worry Kevin, I'm gonna come save you." Hanji laughed.

"And then you're gonna get a punishment too." Said Levi.

"Come on ! Let's make some milk for ya !" Saod Hanji taking Kevin out of the room.

X---------------------------X------------------------------X

Hange took Kevin to a dimly lit room which the scouts used as their kitchen. It was a small place that had a stove, a few cabinets to store food and a small circular table in the centre with a few chairs on its side. She pulled out a chair for him to sit on.

" Just 5 minutes and your food will be served." Hange bowed in front of Kevin as an attempt to cheer him up. But Kevin didn't move a muscle, his expression didn't change.

Disappointed, Hange went over to the stove and started to make almond flavoured milk for Kevin. This was his night drink. Ever since he was a baby, Levi fed him almond milk whenever he woke up hungry late at night.

To break the silence, Hange asked, " So what are you studying about these days ? What's Professor Armin teaching you about ? "

Armin Arlert was one of the members of the 104th cadet squad who chose to be a part of the scouts after graduation. His intelligence and quick thinking had served humanity a lot. Being a busy person, Levi entrusted Armin with the responsibility of educating his son everything except for the history and information of the titans. Armin, along with every single member of the scouts had been asked to keep this as a secret from Kevin.

"Kev, tell me what's he teaching you about."

When Kevin didn't reply Hange turned around to see Kevin.

He had his head tucked inside his folded arms resting on the table and he was slightly shaking.

"Hey... What happened ? Kevin... Why are you crying ? " Asked Hange rubbing his back.

" Why does Daddy always scold me ? "

Kevin sat there crying and sobbing even harder. Hange picked him up in her arms and continued to rub his back gently.

"Now, now, that's it, that's it, good children don't cry honey. Dads always scold their kids, you know when I was your age, I was into mischief too just like you and my Dad used to scold me every single day ! " Hanji chuckled.

Kevin held on to her like a baby monkey, both of his arms around her neck and his legs crossed around her waist. This is why Connie called him a monkey, because Kevin clings on to others like one.

Hange and the rest of the scout regiment were like a family to him, they had seen him grow up. All of them had provided Levi and Kevin with intense emotional support after Luna died in a brutal combat with the titans shortly after Kevin was born.

Luna was Captain Levi's beloved wife, his better half. She'd been with him through thick and thin and had shared his sorrows and worries. She had given him a life which he thought he didn't deserve.
Even this was hidden from Kevin, he didn't know who his mother was or what happened to her and he never even questioned anyone about it because he simply didn't know what a 'mother' was.

"Hey it's okay, you know how your Daddy is, right ? "

Sobbing through his tears, Kevin slightly shook his head in agreement.

" There you go, now come on let's go to your room, your warm bed is waiting for you ! "

Hange poured the warm almond milk in Kevin's sippy cup and carried him to his room.

THE MEETING ROOM

Levi entered the room again and stood besides Commander Erwin.

" He's a kid Levi, they do stuff like this all the time. Be easy on him." Said Erwin.

"Commander, I am easy on him. Sometimes he gets out of hands and-"

"Relax Mr Ackerman, relax." Erwin chuckled.

"Yeah, breath in and out, you'll feel better-" said Jean jokingly.

Levi gave him a dark look.

"I'll go, i guess Connie's calling me.
Yeah Connie ! I'm coming." Jean started to leave.

"Jean, you need to go to the hospital wing, not to Connie." Said Erwin.

"Yeah, yeah, i guess i should." Jean said and left for the hospital wing.

Erwin turned to Levi.

"So as i was saying, i do get punishments are necessary but don't be that hard on him. Okay ? You only get to spend like 2-3 hours with him, you're out all day training and teaching. And in this small span of time, you should love him, tell him stories and play with him."

"How about I sing a few songs as well ?" Levi said mockingly.

"No please don't, you're going to scare him off." Erwin laughed.

Levi smiled too.

" I'll go check up on him."

"Please do so."

"Thank you Commander."

"Anytime."