2. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑦𝑠

"We're getting out of here, hurry and get dressed"~

September 1st
3:37am

You were laying in your bed, wide awake, mind still processing what had happened just less than five hours ago.

-

"Get your hands off me!" you yelled, trying to pull your arm free from your uncles grip as he led you and Harry upstairs.

"We really didn't do it, I swear!" Harry said, trying to persuade him, even though you both knew you had already lost this battle.

"Then explain to me how a floating cake landed perfectly on her head, hmm?" Vernon asked as you and Harry looked over at each other, trying to silently come up with something believable, because who in their right mind would believe that a house elf did it.

especially a muggle.

Suddenly it hit you.

"Come on, Harry doesn't even know how to do any levitation spells, they only teach you those once you're in your second year." You explained, leaning up against the wall.

You were lying,
Harry knew you were too, he specifically remembered telling you the spells he knew how to do, levitation being one of them.

"Then it was y-"

"Seriously, how could I do it?" You asked, "I don't even know how to do any spells yet."

He scoffed, knowing deep down that you had a point, but he wanted, no, he needed a reason to be mad at you two.

"And it's going to stay that way" He said, pushing you and Harry into your separate rooms, the sheer force of his push had you on the floor.

"Seriously?!" You yelled, quickly standing up, rushing over to your now shut and locked door, harshly banging your fist against it, "Open the door! Open the door!"

You could vaguely hear Harry mumble something through the wall, but you didn't care,

"You're all stupid if you think this is gonna stop us from leaving!"

Harry sighed,

"Y/n, give it up." He said, a little louder now so that you could hear him.

Your fist dropped down from its former position of banging against the door,

"What do you mean give it up?," You asked leaning against your wall, "Harry we have school tomorrow, we can't just stay here."

It fell silent on his end.

"I'm not staying here again.."

9:13pm,

Your whole body shook awake at the sound of a drill.

You didn't even realize you had fallen asleep.

You stood up from your position on the floor and looked over to your window, only to see Vernon standing on a ladder, screwing bars too the outside of it.