Blinded

Me: hasn't posted anything since august 2021

March 2022: casually posts a 5.5k word unfinished draft

I cringe so hard now when reading this chapter, because i wrote it so long ago and it's pretty poorly written but like I said it's been so long and I felt you guys at least deserved something, even if it's badly written.

Also I just thought i should address this: I am not as interested in the batfamily as I was when I started this book (and my Jaydick one).

My interests have completely changed and so I feel bad because I don't think I'm ever going to finish or write anymore on this or my other two books.

However, I did start this account for Dick Grayson and I'm going to keep it that way, so this account will most likely not have anything new posted (apart from maybe things on my message board or more unfinished drafts that are already written, if you want them).

The new things that I write will not be dc related at all (probably mostly anime and genshin) and will be posted on a new account, when I get to writing more stuff again.

So I'm going to set this book to completed and I apologise for leaving you guys!

But anyway, as usual,

ENJOYY! <3

(Not Jaydick, just a brotherly bond between them)

Dick Grayson was having a slow night on patrol. He was patrolling in Gotham for the week because Bruce had insisted that the whole family spend some quality time together. Dick was hesitant at first, but now here he was, sitting on a rooftop in downtown Gotham daydreaming about Alfred's cookies.

One thing he did miss about living in the manor was Alfred's amazing cooking. Dick was completely hopeless in a kitchen, in fact Alfred had actually banned him from stepping foot into the kitchen at the manor because he had accidentally blown up the microwave one time.(quick a/n: do you want a one-shot about that?)

Ever since he had moved to Blüdhaven, Dick had been eating microwave meals almost every night. Most nights he wasn't even home because he was patrolling so he would just have a microwave meal at 2 or 3am when he got home. Yeah it wasn't healthy, but hey at least he was eating anything at all. Alfred would probably be disappointed, but what Alfred didn't know couldn't hurt him, right?

Dick was pulled out of his daydream from the sound of a little old lady dropping her grocery shopping in the alley below. He felt bad and dropped into the alley to help her. Dick bent down and gathered up the milk, biscuits, shampoo and vegetables, scooping them back into the cloth bag.

He stood up and gave the startled woman a gentle smile holding out the shopping bag for her to take. She looked frightened and a little bothered by the young man helping her.

Dick noticed her discomfort and quickly glanced down the alley before peeling the domino mask off his face and flashing her a warm smile. The woman snatched the bag angrily out of his hands and sprayed an unknown substance straight into his unmasked eyes.

Dick screeched as she sprayed his eyes for a good 5 seconds straight. He was frozen with shock and pain and didn't move until she put the spray can away and walked off down the alley mumbling "Serves you right young man. You can't get away with stealing from me!"

He fell to his knees with his hands over his eyes, panicking. He hadn't quite taken everything in yet. Was he just pepper-sprayed by an old lady? Dick's eyes were burning and hot tears were rolling down his cheeks from the irritation.

The 19-year-old didn't know what to do. Here he was, crying on the floor in an alley trying to figure out what he could do. He really didn't want to call Bruce and let the whole family think that he couldn't handle himself. After all, he had left the manor in the first place to go off on his own and handle himself. What would Bruce think?