Strawberries?!

Dick's POV
"Uaghh it burns!" My mouth literally feels like it is on fire. I stupidly ate a whole jalapeño just to prove to Jason that I am NOT chicken. Clearly I'm not but he was threatening me okay?! I couldn't do nothing!

"Grayson, don't be dramatic."
"Oh yeah? Why don't you try a jalapeño next time Dami and see how it feels?!"

Just because I'm 19 doesn't mean I can't have fun... that is if you count having your mouth on fire as having fun.

Suddenly Tim comes rushing into the room with an ice-pop in his hand. He comes to a halt in front of the chair I'm sitting in and sticks his hand out, urging me to take the pink ice-cold treat.

I give him a death-stare that says are you kidding me?! It was slightly less terrifying than a bat-glare but still right up there on the chart. However it doesn't seem to faze Tim.

"What?" He asks innocently.

I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Strawberry?!" Literally everyone knows how much I hate strawberry. Anything strawberry is always disgusting. Plus I'm allergic to them so that makes me hate the flavour even more.

Damian rolls his eyes and folds his arms across his chest.
"Grayson quit acting like a toddler and eat the ice-pop."

Tim nods at the youngest's comment.
"It's this or nothing, Dick. They were the only ones left in the freezer. You ate all the mango ones, remember? Plus you can't say no because there aren't any real strawberries in there. It's not like you're going to die."

I let out a small whine and take the popsicle from his hand, sticking it into my mouth without another word. There is a pained look on my face from the disgusting dessert, but the coolness does help to fade the burning in my throat. That I am grateful for.

Jason chuckles from the corner of the room. Clearly he finds my suffering amusing because he has an evil smirk plastered to his face.

I glare at him.

I pull the stick out of my mouth and groan.
"Ughhh but it tastes like strawberry and I hate it!"

Jason glares back at me and I put the popsicle back in my mouth with a pout.

"For fucks sake Dick, just eat the damn icy-pole!"

Every bite is painful but I eventually finish off the popsicle (it took 20 minutes) and hand the stick to Tim who throws it in the trash with a satisfied smile on his face.

"See, that wasn't so bad! Now your mouth doesn't burn anymore, does it?"

I fold my arms across my chest and look down at my feet, mumbling "hmmm I guess not..."

~30 minutes later~

Jason, Tim, Damian and I are all laying on the couch watching Teen Wolf on the TV. What? Boys can like it too!

I can feel an irritation in my throat. It's really annoying me. It's not from the jalapeño though, that feeling went away like twenty minutes ago. I clear my throat-well try to. The irritation doesn't go away. I let out a hoarse cough.

"Dick, shut up we're getting to a good part."

I pull the blanket up higher on my body. It's freezing in here.

"Hey, can we turn the heater on?" My voice sounds a little dry but not too unusual. Damian picks up on it though, nothing can sneak past that kid. He flicks his eyes towards me.

"Grayson, it's the middle of Summer. Go put a jumper on." He furrows his brows a little.
"Are you... alright? Your face is a pasty white... Are you sick Grayson?"