Drunken Words Are Sober Thoughts

Here is the super long awaited chapter. Not proofread or edited. But oh well, enjoy!

"She'll come around."Celeste assured "Just give her a little time to get used to the fact that you're home again."

Hunter looked over to where two of his best friends were standing. With Brooklyn between them, her little arms wrapped around both their necks, they looked like the happiest family in the world. In a way, they were. Even though Brooklyn wasn't Celeste's biological daughter, she was still her mother in every other sense of the word.

"I just don't understand why she hates me so much." Hunter sighed "What changed since the last time I was here?"

"Don't ask me," Nate said with a shake of his head. "I have no idea what's going on with her, she won't tell me a thing."

Hunters eyes cut to Cece, beseeching. "Don't give me that look. You know I would tell you if I could, but I can't. It's not for me to tell, she'll tell you when the two you have your talk."

He raised his brow. "That'll happen when hell freezes over and you know it. She may have agreed to talk to me but who knows when that's actually going to happen."

Celeste rolled her eyes and huffed. "Will you stop being so negative. The two of are going to give me a complex."

"Sorry to burst that little bubble of yours doll," Hunter chuckled "But you've already got a complex, that's what happens when you have friends like Nina, Maddie and Jay - especially Jay."

"Oh geez," Celeste said with another roll of her eyes. "She'll talk to you. Trust me. It may not be tomorrow or the next day but it will happen."

"Mhmm, we shall see." He said with a slight nod.

"Uncle Hunt?" Said Brooklyn, drawing his attention away from Cece and down to where Brooklyn was perched in front of him. He hadn't even noticed that she had been put down.

It still amazed him that she had warmed up to him so quickly. She hadn't seen him in almost three years, he was surprised she even remembered him at all.

"What's up sweet pea?" He asked kneeling down to her level.

"How come you walk funny?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, studying him the way Cece often did.

"Oh good lord," Celeste muttered, placing a hand over her eyes. "Why do I even try to teach her good manners? It's obviously not working. I swear she is just gets it from her father."

"Hun, you're talking to yourself again." Nate chuckled

"Oh hush it." She whispered fiercely before looking down at the little girl. "Sweetie, that's not a very polite question to ask."

Hunter shook his head with a smile. "Nah, it's all good Ce."

With narrowed eyes she pinned him with a look. "You're not helping."

He shrugged. "Well princess, I got hurt real bad while I was away. Because of that, my leg just doesn't work right anymore."

Tilting her head the other direction, Brooklyn narrowed her eyes at the leg Hunter was rubbing. "Does it still hurt?" She asked looking up at him.

The corner of his mouth tilted up into a crooked smile. "Sometimes, but I'm used to it."

"Mommy always puts a bandaid on my boo boo's and kisses them better. I gots princess bandaids, I can put one on your boo boo and make it better."

"Hmm, you know what? I think I'd like that very much." Hunters grin turned into a full fledged smile.

"Stay right there!" Brooklyn pointed with a no nonsense look on her face. "I'll be right back."