9. Seattle

"I'll never get used to the idea of riding trains through airports," Pedro says. I shoot him a confused look. "You live in New York. Subways and trains are all you know," I say to him. He holds on to the rail and braces as the cart slows down. "Light rails are way more rough than the subway." He carries the bags out and we both step out and back into the airport.

"See? It's better than having to walk," I say. He struggles with both the bags. I can tell he is a little tired. "Here, give me that. I can carry that myself," I say, pulling the bag from his shoulder. "Fine. But you aren't allowed to carry it back when we leave." I roll me eyes. "Sure buddy."

Pedro and I make sure to keep our heads low to avoid anyone. Not that we attract a lot of attention but the little we do is still pretty annoying. "I need to go to the restroom really quick. Can you wait for me?" I turn to him. He nods as he sits down in an empty chair. I leave my bag with him and lightly jog to the bathroom, trying not to make him wait too long.

I push through the stall and rush through the process. Moments later, I walk out and start grabbing soap and rubbing it in between my hands. A person walks through the bathroom and heads to the seat next to mine. I just mind my own business and finish up. That is until the person spoke up. "Did you cheat on your ex? Is that why you and him are together?" A male voice said. I let out a short shriek, backing away instantly. "You can't be in here, you are in a women's bathroom," I tell the man, starting to head towards the door. He pulls a camera out from behind. "You're literally disgusting," I say, walking out of the bathroom.

Luckily, Pedro was already standing and ready to go. "Let's get out of here," I say, pulling the bag over my shoulder. We both walked steady and headed towards the escalators. "Why? These restrooms aren't up to your standards?" He says laughing. I look at him and roll my eyes . "No. They were fine actually. The man that asked me if I cheated on Sam then proceeded to pull out a camera from behind him, yeah that wasn't up to my standards," I say, stepping off the escalator. "I'm sorry, what? There was a man in there?" His eyes wide. "Yes. And I couldn't have gotten out of there any faster." We see our bags already waiting at the carousel and we both pull our bags down.

Pedro takes my bag back and I quickly pull my phone out. "I got us an Uber. Cassie texted last night that it might be easier than a car." I call a car and confirm it immediately. "Come on, let's head out. It'll be here in two minutes," I say, taking his hand and pulling him out the double door in front.

The arrival and departure area was completely empty and it was really nice. The sky was covered in clouds and on the verge of crying out some rain. I inhaled the scent in the air and took it in. "I missed this. I know it rains in New York but this smells different. West coast and East coast water just smells different." Pedro and I park ourselves at the curb. His hand takes mine in and we both stand there taking in the cool weather.

"When I arrived in New York, I fell in love with the lights and the environment, I will admit though, the smell was definitely not one of the things I focused on." He took in a deep inhale, squeezing my hand tighter. I shook my head. "When I moved to L.A, I was so sad because it didn't smell the same. It smelled like humid streets and it wasn't as fresh unless you got super close to any kind of beach. Malibu smelled amazing though. Driving down highway with the windows rolled down. That was heaven. Nothing tops this though," I look up at him and pull him into a small embrace. "We are literally at the top of the country." I smile and he rests his head on mine and slowly reaches for my lips. All kinds of heaven right now.

My phone interrupts with a chime and I pull back and lower myself down. "Red Camry. Right there," I point to the approaching vehicle. He goes up to the car. "Who are you picking up?" He asks the driver to confirm. "Camila Claro?" The man says. Pedro nods and turns to pick up the bags from the floor. He holds the door open for me with a smirk on his face. "Fake name?" He says, chuckling. I duck down and plop into the seat. He shuts the door and walks around to the trunk, tossing the bags in, then coming full circle to the other side. He shuts the door behind him and the car starts driving off.