epilogue

layla spent the last year at college with her new found best friend, allison and her new boyfriend, scott. yes, she eventually moved on, but she couldn't in the beginning. she found it hard to not think about matthew with all the time they spent together. she still wears the ring, remembering the good days back in virginia.

"hey babe," scott smiles, kissing layla's forehead on the side.

"hi baby." she smiled back, laughing as allison came in with a funny look on her face.

"what's that look for, ally?"

"i just met the hottest boy alive! he's so cute, and i even got his number!" she showed the number to scott and layla. layla recognized the number and how simmilar it was to matthew's number.

"can you show me the guy, allison?" allison dragged layla by the arm and showed her the tall business man standing in a black and white suit. the mans hair was left flat, like matthew's was before he left for los angeles. he turned his face to the side and that's when she knew.

"l-layla?" he stuttered, making his way towards the frozen still woman layla had grown to be.

"hi matthew.." she made her way towards him, wrapping her arms around his torso. she was in his embrace again.. the warmth of her first love.

"i've missed you so much, how've you been?" he asked, holding her face like he used to right before they kissed.

"good and matt-"

"layla, who the hell is this?" scott asks, getting more jealous by the second.

"scott, this is matthew.. the one i was talking about when i first came here.."

"oh, hi. i'm scott, her boyfriend."

"and i'm matthew, her first love. how do you do?" he held out his hand, very mature-like. not wanting to start a fight between them, scott shook his hand.

"good, now layla we have things to do." scott spoke harshly, clenching his jaw. layla didn't know who to chose to go with. matthew had promised her a long time ago the years he didn't make up for, so she chose who she thought was the best decision.

"i'm sorry, scott. matthew promised me that we'd catch up as soon as he got here. bye," she walked off with matthew, leaving allison and scott together.

five years later

"honey, isaac needs new nipples! he's bitten through all the ones he has!" layla yelled, frustrated at her son who was beginning to teethe. 

"i'll go pick up some nipples on the way home from shooting, bye babygirl and baby boy, love you!" matthew kissed the forehead of his new wife and their son of six months. layla smiled and said it back over and over again.

layla and matthew had made up through the three years they were just friends, until matthew proposed hoping layla would say yes. no they were not dating, but they were in love.

you know how most people say you fall in love more than once? yeah, well they did, just with the same person; they fell in love with each other again.

"just think, this all happened with the start of my first letter.." she started her vow at her wedding ceremony.

sorry this was so short if you are on a computer, but hey. it's over and they're together again with a child may i presume!

again, thanks for the journey of writing this.

stay perfect

olivia x