L'appel Du Vide

Jennie was slouched over Lisa's shoulder who was not so delicately bringing the girl inside a building complex. She had blindfolded Jennie as soon as she had picked her up from her house. Useless to say, the black haired girl had not been pleased about that. At all. Jennie had never been one for surprises.
That's why she had basically kept complaining the whole car ride. Given how Lisa was used to it, she had already taken Jennie's reaction into account. But when the brunette's stubbornness finally got the best of her and she was refusing to enter the building without taking off her blindfold; that's when Lisa had to take matters into her own hands. Or rather, she had to take Jennie. Literally.

"Lisa, I swear to God if you don't put me down right now..."

It was easier to make her cats take a bath, the younger thought as she blatantly ignored the screaming girl. Opening the door while managing to keep Jennie still over her shoulder was revealing to be a much harder job than she had initially thought.

Then, finally, the door opened. Jennie was still yelling and hitting Lisa's back who did nothing but laugh; she had to give the girl kudos for the perseverance.

When she was finally brought back to the ground, Jennie was quick to take the blindfold off and rapidly scan her surroundings.

She was standing at the entrance of a modern-looking apartment. The first thing she noticed was the wall-length window that allowed her to see the whole city. The place wasn't furnished; only the kitchen, in all its untouched glory, stood on the left corner. The rest of it was all white walls and light wooden floors. It wasn't big. Nor spacious. But being fully aware of Seoul's home prices, she couldn't help but stare at the apartment with her mouth hanging open.
Her eyes went to Lisa who was staring back at her with an expectant look.

"So, what do you think about it?"

"Lisa... what is this?" Jennie kept looking around herself, unsure of what to think.

"Our new apartment" the brunette girl said while jiggling a set of keys with her right hand.

"You... we can't afford this" it wasn't that Jennie wasn't utterly excited about it. She wanted to wrap her arms around her girlfriend and kiss her senselessly. But, unfortunately, she was also a realist. And nothing ever escaped her judgement.

Lisa pretended like she wasn't hurt by Jennie's initial "You". Still, it made her feel better that she corrected it. She was finally coming to terms that they were indeed a couple. And they were in it together.

She also knew exactly how Jennie would have reacted and that was also the reason why the next words she said came as an even bigger shock to the black haired girl. That was part of the fun of surprising Jennie Kim. No matter how much the older girl looked like she always had it together, Lisa still managed to rock her world daily.

"I got signed by an agency. The apartment comes with the contract." She said while leaning on the freshly painted wall to her right, an impossibly wide smile on her face.

She didn't have the time to register Jennie's reaction that the latter had already engulfed her in her arms. Lisa was quick to take her and do a little celebratory spin.

"Oh my God, Lisa! I'm so happy for you! This is what you wanted"  Jennie said after Lisa had released her from the embrace.