22: n o w h e r e b u t y o u

I'm gone until I'm within you, there is no better place that I've been to

September 3, 1990

"Jesus is just all right with me! Jesus is just alright, oh yeeaaahhhh!"
  Sydney smiled to herself at Chris's ridiculous improvisation as she entered the stage at the end of their final show of the tour. They were all beyond exhausted but they had managed to put on one hell of a last show before getting to rest for a few weeks. It was an important show, and their largest audience to date. An estimated twelve thousand people had attended tonight's Bumbershoot performance back home in Seattle. It had been such a surreal experience that even Sydney doubted she would manage to sleep much tonight after all the excitement. Beginning the first steps of gear breakdown, she eventually felt Chris wrap his sweaty body around hers.
"Oh, no!" She squealed as he lifted her off her feet.
  He knew she hated it when he did that, but he didn't care. Messing with her still brought him joy. When he set her down she glared up at him, but he laughed at the smile she was trying to hide.
"I'm not sure why you'd think I want to spend the next hour packing up all this crap while drenched in your sweat, Christopher." She scolded.
"I could help you clean up when we get home tonight." He suggested mischievously.
  She regarded him for a moment with narrowed eyes. Watching her think about it with her hands stubbornly on her hips, his smile only grew. It was impossible how cute she could be. With an exaggerated sigh she shrugged, surprising him.
"Yeah okay."
  Smiling from ear to ear he caught Gunny's eye from where he stood a little ways behind her, tearing down Matt's drum kit. Their friend shook his head and laughed, and when Sydney realized he'd heard their whole exchange she blushed fiercely and buried herself in her work. They made excellent time putting everything where it belonged with the help of the event staff, and Sydney sank leisurely into the passenger seat of Chris's car as they made their way home at last. They had spent the night last night in their own home as well, but they had been so exhausted that it almost didn't even feel like they'd been home at all.
  Their ears were still ringing as they walked through the front door and greeted Bill, whose tail wagged excitedly. The house was strangely quiet after having spent the last four months of almost continuous shows trying to make as much noise as possible. Sydney wasted no time getting to the bathroom and stripping off her sweat soaked clothes, turning the shower knobs on hot. Sighing happily when she stepped beneath the stream, she let her eyes flutter closed. When she heard Chris enter the bathroom, she kept them closed still.
  He climbed into the shower behind her, and immediately her heart began to thud against her chest. When she felt his hands gently slide down the sides of her small waist and then over her toned belly, she leaned back into his body. She could feel his partially erect bulge against her back, and it didn't help her racing pulse one bit. Just as he had done for her so many times after her return home months ago, he grabbed the bottle of shampoo and gently worked the suds through her long blonde curls. It was soothing, the way he took such attentive care of her even when he didn't need to.
  Chris was mesmerized, watching the suds that she rinsed from her hair roll languidly down her body. It was difficult to keep his hands to himself as the water cascaded off of her hardened nipples and carved into the chiseled lines of her hips. She was impossibly beautiful, and he wondered what he ever did to deserve her. When her eyes opened and her cheeks blushed upon the realization that he'd been staring, he pulled her close and kissed her deeply. Her lips parted, and when his tongue danced over hers it was like an electric jolt of lightning shooting from wherever their bodies met going straight to her core.
  He felt the way she had suddenly come alive under his touch, and he needed more. His need for her was made obvious by the hardening of his impressive length now pressed against her belly, and Sydney nearly forgot how to breathe when his kisses trailed hot down her neck. A small moan escaped her lips before she could stop it, and he took that as a good sign. Reaching behind her, he shut off the water before grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her body.
  Once they were out of the tub he swept her up into his arms and kissed her, over and over again. She was like a drug, so addicting that he wondered if he could ever get enough. He stumbled toward their bedroom, using one arm to feel his way there while his other arm kept her pressed safely and securely to his body. He tripped over his own boots that he'd left sitting beside the bed, and they fell hard to the mattress. Chris was thankful when she laughed, using that moment to plant kisses over her collar bone and down toward her breasts.
"Chris..." she breathed, her eyes fluttering closed.
  Her tone sounded pleased, so he slowly continued his way down her body. She squirmed as he nibbled at her hip bones, barely able to contain herself. Fireworks seemed to be exploding inside of her body, set ablaze by his lips and his hands. When he kissed the inside of her thigh she gasped, sitting up straight. He pulled away, looking up at her blushing face.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing... I-I've never... I mean... nobody has ever... you know." She stuttered, her nerves working double time.
  His brows furrowed. Surely she couldn't mean what he thought she meant. Her face, however, revealed the truth. Nobody had ever pleased her in that way before... and Chris was more than happy to be her first. He placed his hands on either side of her face and pulled her in for a sweet kiss.
"Just trust me. Let me take care of you." He implored, gazing up into her deep green eyes with his forehead pressed to hers.
"Okay. I trust you." She whispered.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
  That was all he needed to hear.