Chapter 9: Halloween Part 2

As they walked to the Great Hall, a fresh and beautiful aroma of pumpkin spice filled their noses.

"That smells amazing!" Serenity said kindly to a nearby house elf that was holding a platter of pie. He bowed deeply.

Wyatt's mouth started watering.

Elise plopped down on a chair at the far right and put her head in her arms.

Alana and Amara sat down at the Slytherin table and immediately started chatting with the people around them.

Gabe, Ricky, Wyatt, and Evelyn sat on the table. Ricky and Gabe immediately started stuffing themselves. Wyatt stole something from Ricky, which made Ricky slap him on the arm. Evelyn looked at the boys, rolled her eyes, and started reading.

Serenity gazed longingly at Gabe, Ricky, Evelyn, Alana, and Amara. She was sad that she couldn't sit with them. But once she saw Lily beckoning her over from the Gryffindor table, her bad mood instantly diminished and she skipped cheerfully to Lily.

The headmaster walked up to the podium and said, "Greetings, students. I have a small warning to give you. Every Halloween, there tends to be something happening before, during, or after the feast. Please prepare yourselves if such things happen. But for now, enjoy stuffing your face... Yes Ricky and Gabe, STUFF it."

The 2 boy's faces lit up and stuffed their faces at double the production rate.

Alana and Amara resumed back to chattering some more and eating. After a couple of minutes, Amara turned her head towards the Ravenclaw table. She was looking in the direction of Elise, who seemed so down. She whispered back to Alana, "Hey do you think we actually hurt her-"

"Hurt who?" Alana asked, looking up from her chicken. "Elise," Amara retorted. She pointed towards her. Alana studied Elise's face, who seemed to not have the usual energetic spirit in her. "Well, maybe, but I mean, who on earth would like Voldy guy?"

Amara started to get mad. "SO? WHO CARES IF SHE LIKES HIM, THAT'S HER OPINION, NOT OURS."

"Calm down. I mean, not everyone is obsessed with fishface," she replied.

"NO, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN. YOU ARE NOT RESPECTING ELISE'S OPINION AND THAT IS NOT RIGHT."

"Uhhhh... gotta go use the bathroom-" Alana said hurriedly.

Lily walked up to the podium and said, "Hey Grandad! How's that thing about goblins getting greedy in Gringotts going?" Serenity, seeing Lily talking to Mr. Potter, ran up and said "Hi Mr. Potter- Oh are you talking? Sorry!" Mr. Potter laughed merrily and said, "Yes dear, things at Gringotts are getting slightly better. And go ahead Serenity.

Serenity smiled eagerly and said, "I was reading about the Golden Trio. Did you really participate in the Triwizard Tournament? What was it like? How did you win?" Mr. Potter winked and said, "That's a story for another time." Serenity sighed dejectedly and went back to the table with Lily.

All around, clinking of kitchenware and chatter filled the Great Hall.

The headmaster stood up again. Everyone looked his way, as if something happened. He clapped his hands and said, "Dessert!"

Hundreds of house-elves, holding platters filled with pumpkin pies, treacle tart, cake, and all sorts of other treats.

Ricky said, "Shit, I ate too much." And ran to the bathroom with Gabe, probably to vomit. Wyatt had already dug his face into a pie, splattering pieces of the filling everywhere. As Gabe and Ricky walked back, they sighed with relief, and continued eating. Evelyn finished her tart, and continued reading. Alana was hiding at the complete opposite side of the Slytherin table, staying away from Amara. Amara, like Evelyn, was reading. Lily and Serenity were chatting. When they were done, Serenity sneaked over to the Ravenclaw table.

"Hello! What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Not much," Evelyn said. "The slobs are eating." She looked at Wyatt, Gabe, and Ricky with a disgusted look.

"You're so- messy!" she said, then looked at Evelyn, "I don't know how you sit with these boys," she sighed. "Yes, I can barely stand them," Evelyn replied.

Serenity stole a piece of treacle tart and said, "I'm going to go check on Amara, and see how she's doing," she said joyfully taking a bite out of her treacle tart that she stole from Evelyn, and walked to the Slytherin table.

After a few steps that Serenity had taken, Evelyn slid in front of her and stopped her. "HEY! THAT WAS MINE!"

Serenity started to laugh, "I wanted a bite! Anyway, the boys at my table ate all of them... And you looked free since your head went straight into the book, might as well take a chance!," she said when she stopped giggling. Evelyn sighed and rolled her eyes, looking back at the boys stuffing their mouths with food. Serenity finally got to the Slytherin table and sat down in the empty seat between Amara and Alana. Their backs were to each other. "Uhh...What's wrong with you?" she said as she tapped both of them on the shoulder. "Oh, I don't know. Why don't you ask Alana? She's the one disrespecting others' opinions." Amara looked away.

"I wasn't disrespecting anyone's opinion!" she countered, "I'm just saying, it's kind of odd that Elise would be obsessed with an infamous murderer who killed thousands of people."

"Yea, I would take that as disrespecting others' opinions."

"I'm starting to question whether or not you support Elise's odd thoughts."

Amara stayed silent before saying, "I don't support Elise's thoughts, but I do support people who respect others' decisions."

Serenity's head kept turning back and forth as Alana and Amara argued. "Guys, can you just stop bickering already. There is no point in doing this. I mean, both of you are right, but still- Just stop."

After 25 minutes, the headmaster checked the giant clock that hung on the wall. "Well, as much as you'd probably like to continue eating," He glanced at Gabe, Wyatt, and Ricky, a small grimace forming on his face, "It's time for bed." He clapped his hands again, and all the platters of food disappeared.

"NOOOOOOO!" Wyatt groaned. 

"Suck it up!" Amara said, walking to their table

The group then parted ways and went to sleep.

Hmmmm....

Hangry now

Dingus out