Chapter 6: The Drama Starts Part 2

Part 2!

Grace's POV

Once class was over, I ran back down stairs to get back to the Slytherin common room. I gave the wall the password and walked in.

Inside the common room, I found out Kennade had already started her homework. I walked over, set down my bag in an armchair, and started pulling out my homework, parchment, quills, and ink bottles. I laid everything down in front of me, on the table in neat columns. The fire inside the fireplace teetered dangerously close towards my homework, its flames whipping wildly, hitting the sides of the stone bricks that contained it.

Suddenly, a huge billowing sound came in the direction of The Great Hall. The noise averted mine and Kennade's plus, everyone else's attention towards the ceiling. (The Slytherin common room was under the lake so most of the time, sound came up from there.)

Voices of startled students rose as Kennade got up from her spot and walked over to the entrance.

I followed her toward The Great Hall where the headmaster and a few other students stood, keeping a far away distance enough where they weren't in harm's way but could still see a devil like creature, positioned in the middle of the Great Hall. Students crowded around it, wands held out in front of them, fearfully peering over the heads and shoulders of prefects and other students.

"What is that thing?" yelled Potter, trying to raise his voice high enough to extinguish the creature's roaring noises and sounds. Ricky, who stood next to Potter, looked bewildered for a moment before shaking his head and asking, "How ca-'' Just then, "It's a venti!" Kennade stepped in between Ricky. "The mist- how can you... The mist! How can you see through the mist? Well you are magical..." Kennade started to pace around.

"Er... K? We got a venti to fight." I heard Ricky say, glancing at Kennade then the so-called venti. Venti? I thought. Probably some weird, mythical, greek mythology crap. How bad could it be, it's just some... I've never seen a venti before so I didn't know what to make of it. Well, here goes nothing.

Serenity and I pulled out our wands and charged at the venti. Before we could stab it, the venti let out a terrifying screech and started to thrash around like a monster fish out of water. I dived back as it continued to thrash around like a two year old who just got his toy taken away. Guess that didn't work.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kennade and Ricky attempting to fight it. And was that- a knife and sword in the hands?

I walked over to a corner to find Evelyn and Elena scribbling like maniacs.

"Shouldn't you be trying to help fight...?" I asked Elena who was kneeling on the floor with Evelyn, writing down notes. "This is so much information! I don't think I'll have enough paper! No shoo...." Elena waved her hand at me and I quickly got up from the cold, stone, floor.

"Ooooh-kay..." I turned back towards the fight.

"Stupefy! Stupefy!" yelled the headmaster but his attempts seemed pathetic because that spell had no effect whatsoever on the venti. "Odd. That usually works on magical creatures." he said looking at his wand.

"Hate to ruin your moment Sir, but that venti is no magical creature of your kind." Ricky said, looking up at the dumbfounded headmaster. Potter gave him a weird look but looked back at the venti who had started to float closer to them.

Before long, students gathered up their courage and started to help.

I watched from where I was standing.

As students charged, stabbed, and fought, I went in between students, trying to find something that could be useful in fighting the venti.

I squeezed and fought me way in between panting students while Ricky and Kennade were still fighting.