Ch 13 Forgotten Friendship

Anos picked up his new friend and puts him on his shoulder, the hydra quickly coils itself around Anos's neck like a deep blue scarf, Making sure he was fine Anos teleports himself back to the Orc club where the group was waiting anxiously. The moment Anos appears they give out a sigh of relief and Aisha gave him a swift chop on the head

Aisha: What took you so long do you have any idea how worried we were Baka Mao.

Anos(Rubbing his head): I came back fine right so what was your reason to hit me.

Eleonor: You think you can fool us that easily, u might look ok but we can tell that you used up more than a fourth of your current power.

Anos(Smiling): Really I can never fool the three of you

Aisha: On that note what did you do with that lizard.

Anos points towards his neck as Trition uncoils himself and slithers onto Anos's shoulder.

Aisha: my look at that cute thing he looks like a plushie you would find in a departmental store.

Eleonor: I agree but can I hold him pleaseee.

Eleonor begins to beg Anos for permission to hold the hydra even using her divine skill 'Big puppy eyes'. Seeing this Anos can't help but shake his head,

Anos: You can pet him but be careful he is a heavy boy,

Eleonor looks delighted as she quickly rushes to grab the hydra that Anos was giving her from the palm of his hand, The moment Anos hands her the hydra she flipped forward, and a massive crater forms when the hydra lands on the ground.

Eleonor: How is something this small so heavy and get him off my hands they feel like they are going to be crushed.

Anos walks over to Eleonor and picked up his pet with one hand: You're forgetting how big he originally was and tho my spell reduced its size he still weighs more than your average tropical island.

Eleonor rubs her sour hands while getting up"Fine ill have to leave hugging him for another day".

The group then head back home after their  'not So relaxing trip to the beach.

ONE WEEK LATER

Anos and the Orc members were going to Kyoto for a small school trip. Rias and Akeno weren't allowed to go being third years so the two of them nearly flooded his house with mails asking him to take care of him to which he had been forced to agree thinking "Girls sure are scary when it comes to their crushes". The group was supposed to go to Kyoto by bullet train to which Anos after some convincing agreed to take part instead of directly teleporting. When the group reached Kyoto however Anos felt a strange aura shrouding the city. The aura was strange because it felt familiar and unfamiliar at the same time, Intrigued Anos decided to do some investigation while the others were sightseeing. The moment they reached Kyoto, Anos hurried and conducted a while area scan around the area but was surprised when his magic failed.

Anos: Someone has installed a wide area Devil suppression array. This will be troublesome to deal with without alerting the other party. I suppose ill have to lie low for now.

Anos did some minor investigations about the array before joining his group bac at the sightseeing areas. Together they spend the whole day exploring.

The next morning when Anos woke up from his sleep he noticed a dense white flood of mana shrouding the entire city. Weary he contacted his classmates and placed an anti-magic barrier on them as a precaution. Leading the team towards a large mountain in the city Anos noticed that the concentration of reality magic had been increasing by leaps and bounds. The others began to struggle as their movements started becoming sluggish. Sasha hurriedly asked Anos

Sasha: Anos do you know why this is happening, our movements are becoming sluggish even after your barrier.

Anos: Reality magic.

Sasha looked at Anos in surprise.

Sasha: But that means it must be here.

Anos nodded at her, when Sasha Misha and Eleonor saw him nod their faces became grim. Seeing this Issei and his friends launched a barrage of questions at him.

Issei: What's 'It'.

Anos: Evancemana.

Irina and Xenovia had a dumbfounded expression on their faces.

Irina: Am i hearing things Xenovia, Did he just say Evancemana.

Xenovia: I think he just did.

Anos: Do you know what that sword is.

Irina: Not really it was just mentioned in Angel's divine texts. It is said to be a sword forged by a godly craftsman, has the mightiest spirits dwelling in it, and is blessed by the gods. It is said that it can even slice fate. As far as I can remember it was made to kill the Demon king of tyranny.

When Irina said this she covered her mouth realizing that she was present in the company of the demon king of tyranny. When Anos saw this he laughed.

Anos: Correct for the most part, It is also the only sword that i cant use.

Issei: Ok so let me get this straight, You are saying that a sword that can kill you is chilling around here somewhere.

Anos: Exactly.

Issei threw his hands in the air before replying: Great then I am out of here. No offense Anos, I think you are a great guy and all but as far as I know you are pretty much unkillable, and last time I checked something that can kill the unkillable can kill me 1,000,000,000%.

Anos: You do realize that I can resurrect you right.

Issei looked like a baboon caught itching his butt as he turned as red as the goblet on his hand.

Anos: Plus you can relax Kanon is an old friend of mine so he shouldn't attack us for no reason.

Suddenly the fog cleared around them and the group saw some people standing in the distance with a man standing in the middle of a magic circle. The man had a black mask covering his whole face. He was standing with a short female who was radiating a violent aura in the surroundings.

Anos immediately realized who the masked man was as he stepped forward and spoke.

Anos: It's been a while Kanon.

The masked man: It sure has.

Anos: Wha are you doing here surely you are not joining to pull the same little joke of yours that you did back then.

The masked man tilted his head but didn't say anything for a while. An eerie silence shrouded the area before he broke it.

Kanon: You aren't wrong the balance of nature has been tipped too much I must restore it. Anos, after you died your barrier, managed to hold out for a few millennia but thanks to those Divine Dragon Kings your barrier slowly began to weaken until it had holes in it. The three major races began their eternal fight. I tried and tried again to stop them from destroying all that you worked for, But then to That messed up dragon working against me all my plans were destroyed and the spirits were almost wiped out. I decided to make this organization of mine to kill him and trust me when I say I will make sure that red bastard regrets ever being born.