Chapter 18 - ive found my family (epilogue)

"Just up here." Rick whispers, putting his helmet on as did Daryl. Who nod to Rick to grab my arms and restrain me for the act.

"We're here to escort this B to the next facility, do we have a clear?" Rick nods, his hand tight on my wrists as he held the gun I had.
"Lemme see..." the man says, walking up to me, "Jadis got a good one." The man smirked, grabbing my face.

"We ain't here to have fun today." Daryl growled, "Let's hurry."

"Alright fine, wheres your badges?" The man says.

On cue, Rick starts shooting the guards up, Daryl noticed more coming down the hall as he grabs me, taking me behind the counter of the lobby as Rick was at the one across from us. "We need more guns!" I yelled over the gun fire, "How many?"

"15." Daryl responds, "if we don't get this over fast more will come!" Rick added.

I looked over and see a body laying to my left, but I was in shooting range if I went to get their gun.

"Stay here." I nod to Rick.
"Don't do it." Rick shook his head.
I rolled my eyes. "You don't change."

I rolled into the fire, grabbing the gun and hiding behind the closest table.

I loaded the pistol and started to shoot, grabbing the riffle I throw it at Daryl, who takes gratefully and starts shooting.

Faster than a light they all fall. "That was too easy..." I whisper. "You two alright?" Rick says, checking on us. "Yeah old man." Daryl rolled his eyes, "I'm ok." I smiled at him.

He takes our hands, "The cars are right there! Run!" Rick yelled, starting to run and dragging us behind.

"The keys!" I gasped, looking around and see a wall full of different keys. "Get the car!" I yelled, "Let me grab the keys and we will be home free!"

"Are you crazy!" Rick yelled, "I can grab it I don't want you getting hurt!"
"No ones here yet!" I growled, running to the wall and grabbing all the keys, "Now they can't follow us." I whisper to myself, running to the door as Rick grabs my waist, throwing me over his shoulder.

Daryl cackled as Rick grabbed the keys from me and threw them at Daryl. "Let's go let's go!" He yelled, putting me in the back seat, "I am not a child Rick Grimes!" I yelled, "I can sit in the front!"

"You'll have to sit on my lap." He says as he hops in the front, Daryl starting the large jeep. "Okay, home sweet home." Daryl says breathlessly, reversing and driving us down the forest roads.

I panted, holding my side. "Oh my goodness."
Rick turned around, looking at me, "You okay? You aren't hurt?"

I didn't tell him about my scars, he hasn't noticed yet because my arms were wrapped up. "Yeah... yeah I'm fine." I smirked sadly, "I'll fill you in when we get home."

I take his hand, kissing it, "I love you."
He smiled at me, brushing my hair back. "I love you as well. Just..." he plays with my hair, "I think I liked it long. Why'd you cut it?"

I laughed, "I didn't, I'll tell you later."

-

The sounds of nearby helicopters sent us into the plain forest. No road, just thin forest, we were getting close and thankfully Alexandria was surrounded by trees and houses.

"It's kinda-" I say, top of my head hitting the roof, "-bumpy..."

Rick immediately turns around, "are you okay?"
I laughed, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Daryl rolled his eyes, "Feels like not a day past when I didn't miss the overprotectiveness of Rick." He laughed, "The helicopters are turning around, that aint good."

"Why?" I asked, Rick looked around, "They might be reporting back." Rick responded first, "We got to get home. Warn them-" I stopped him, shaking me head, "Let Daryl and I. You did enough for us we need to repay you." I said with a slight stern manner in my voice, "You've done enough."

Rick looked at me, almost like he was gunna cry. "get up here." He smirked.

"SHE IS NOT COMING UP HERE!" Daryl yelled, "NO NO—"

I jumped up front, comfortably sitting down as Daryl started to fake gag, "I-I can't take this- I-"

"Oh Daryl you missed it." I laughed.
Rick then looked at me, a smiled on his face, "We are almost here."

"It's different, Rick."
"I had an idea that it would be." He smiled.
"Everything's different." I nodded, looking away, feeling Daryl slow the car down as we came close. "Everything, we will talk about it later with you."

As the car came to a stop, I jumped out of the car, taking Ricks hand and helping him out as everyone started screaming and crying. Running to him, Maggie first, Rosita second, then everyone rushed into him for a hug.

But Negan, Judith, RJ, and me.
Because it finally kicked in.
He was here.
He was alive.

"Rick we didn't think we would ever find you." Maggie cried, as Rick shook his head. "I'll always find you guys, always. I promise." He teared up, then everyone separated. Negan walked over, looking Rick up and down.

"Hey." Rick nods sternly.
"Hi Rick." Negan smirked, "You doin ok?"
Rick chuckled, "I've never felt better, man."

But then when Negan walked away, showing the path to Judith and RJ. Rick collapsed on his knees, his crying as loud as I've heard in a very long time as he saw Judith. He immediately knew it was her by her hat, and he knew it was RJ next to her by how he looked exactly like him.

"DAD!!" Judith screamed, her bottled up tears came flowing freely, as RJ came not too close behind, both of them jumped on him as he picked RJ up, holding Judith like his life depended on both of them.

"You two..." he looked at RJ, "You two look so grown up." He cried, looking at Judiths hat.

It was like Carl was in the hug with them, not physically, but spiritually. Wrapping his arms around his dad like he did when he was 7 years old again, screaming Dad! And Lori dumbfounded running to him, tears were flowing between the three of them.

It was like when he found Lori and Carl.

"I missed you two so much, so much." He hiccuped, looking over at me, then paused letting them both down and holding his arms out to me. Like he was coming back from war, waiting for me to give him one single hug.

And I gave him what he wanted.

I ran to him, jumping on him and wrapping my legs around his waist. Sobbing my eyes out as Judith and RJ held onto Ricks legs. "I-I-I thought w-we would n-never see you again." I cried, "I thought I never would hug you again. Y-You'd never me-meet RJ and Judith." I sobbed, holding his head in my hands.

"I thought that I'd never get to feel and hear you again." Judith cried.
"I thought I would never meet my dad." RJ sniffed.

"I thought I'd never find my family." Rick cried, hugging all four of us.

"But I've found you."

THE END