Chapter 17 - i learned from him (3/3)

I was loosing hope.

Rick was gone. I had been looking for him since the day he disappeared, and now the only lead to finding him is gone.

The tattered white stormtrooper walked in with bandages and food with a knife. He didn't say anything, just walked over, put the food down, and started to cut me down from the rope.

"He told me to do this." He whispers, "I want to help you."

I grunted in response, as soon as he cut me down I fell on my shoulder. My wrists still burnt into the rope.

He gasped, sprinting to my side he starts cutting my rope. "I need to get handcuffs." He whispers, helping me sit up, "I'm sorry he did this to you."

I smirked, "You lie to me."
He cocked his head, "No I do not."

I slam my head against his, he whimpered and fell back on his hands and I bolt.

I run out the door, not looking behind me as I didn't think the man was there. I ran until I noticed a group of stormtroopers turned the corner.

I gasp, and the tattered man grabs my waist, snaking me around back with his hand over my mouth.

I start to thrash, kicking every which way. "Stop!" I yelled into his hand, "Let me go!"

He uncovered my mouth, locking us in the room as he put the keys down. "Stop this isabella." He grunted huskily, "Stop this all."

"You stop it!" I cried, sobbing as I crawled to the corner of the room. My head throbbed and ached everytime he opened his mouth. I hated every moment of it. Because he sounded like Rick. The only man I can't get too, the only person that keeps me safe.

"I can't get to Rick and it's because I was dumb enough to go with JADIS!" I screamed, "I-I just wanted to see him again! Now I'm going to rot here with Daryl and never see my kids AGAIN!" I screamed, my hands shaking as I curled in a ball, my blood dripping down onto my face as I held my head in my hands, turned around towards the wall.

I lost everything.
What's the point of having false hope when the false hope is all you have?

"I can't see mine either." He whispers, walking slowly towards my shaking figure. "I don't think I ever will without your help."

I hiccuped, sitting up as I held my head, "I-I'm back at stage one. B-Back in the forest again." I close my eyes.

-
My screams echoed in my head over and over. The days felt like months by myself, and I was starving to the point I could feel my bumping ribs. I didn't eat hardly at all with my group, they had to ration, didn't risk eating animals because the animals could have rabies or some sickness comin' with it.

My name is Isabella Gracewood. Names don't matter, but in my introduction to my life before it went downhill I might as well say.
-

"You are not back there." The man said, kneeling in front of my curled up form, "You will never be back there again."

I opened my eyes, looking straight at him. My eyes piercing through his mask and almost seeing right through him, but the mask kept me from knowing the truth about my speculations.

"Take off your helmet." I shook.
"I- what." He says carefully.
"Take it off." I whine, "Please."

The man moved his gloved hands towards my wrists, "I can't." He says, moving my hands away from my face as I could feel the warmth from him. "I can't do that."

"Why." I teared up, "Why can't you?" I said, feeling like I was just mere inches from the man I loved yet so far.

"I will get hurt again." He whimpered, seeming like he was crying under the helmet, "I'll never see you again."