The Plan

Remedial Goodness Class 101

The next morning, I was sitting next to Jay as I was drawing the garden that he had taken me on our first date. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him looking over my shoulder and smiling slightly at drawing. As we waited for class to start, Fairy Godmother stepped into the room.

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged a special treat."

I saw her walk over to the screen that was in the center of the room and turn it on as we waited by the screen. Once the screen finally turned on, I saw all of our parents pop up onto the screen as they tried to figure out how to turn on their computer since we were able to see them, but they couldn't see us. Once they finally figured it out, I tried to hide my face away from my mother's gaze as I stood next to Jay and Mal.

"Evie, It's mommy! Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall too far from the tree." Evil Queen declared.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Mother argued sarcastically.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella De Vil asked.

"This is Fairy Godmother." I reminded them as I kept my face hidden.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Mother teased.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." Fairy Godmother exclaimed.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella until one A.M? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..."

"Thank you so much. Thank you." Mal softly said as she moved closer to the computer screen.

"They were mice." Fairy Godmother whispered once more before disappearing from their sights.

"Hi, mom." Mal and I spoke with fake enthusiasm.

"Mal, Hal!" Mother replied with a stern tone that made us both jump. I felt Jay grab my hand and give it a tight squeeze as I continued to cover more than half of my face with my bangs.

"I m-m-miss you." Mother stuttered.

"You children are never far from our thoughts." Jafar mentioned.

"I got it." Mother muttered. "How long must mommy wait to see you?"

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime after...that." I stammered as I eyed the screen slightly.

"When?"

"Friday, 10 A.M." Mal blurted.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much."

"Yes, we completely understand, Mother."

"Carlos, is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs." Cruella cackled.

"He's the perfect size for a pet!" Carlos argued. I gave a small smile knowing that he was standing up for what was right.

"This dog loves me ,and I love him. And FYI, your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!" I placed my hand on his shoulder and pulled him back slightly with a smile written across my face. All of the parents started to argue with each other when I started to get uncomfortable. Jay noticed this and ended the call suddenly.

"I'm so sorry." Fairy Godmother gave us sympathetic looks as we stood there with sad faces.

"Thanks for the special treat." Jay said sadly.

"Yeah. Fairy Godmother, this was more than enough. Thank you so much." I added.

"Of course." She gave a slight nod before going back to whatever she was doing. We all went back to our desks to pack up all of our things. As we started to walk out, I placed my head on Jay's shoulder as Evie spoke up.

"M? What do you think our parents are going to do to us if we don't pull this off?"

"I think that they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately...proud of us for doing our best."

"Really?" Carlos questioned.

"No. I think we're definitely goners." I added as everyone nodded their heads along with me. As the day went by, we continued to go to our classes when I saw Mal at her locker.

"Mal?"

"Hey. What's up?" I looked down towards the ground with a frown on my face.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"What's going to happen when mom finds out that I'm dating Jay?"

"Don't worry about it. She'll just be glad that you're not dating an Auradon kid."

"That's true, I guess. He still hasn't asked for me to be his girlfriend yet or his date for coronation."

"Don't worry. He'll ask you eventually." I nodded my head before saying bye and heading to my last class of the day. Later that evening, we all met up at Jay and Carlos' dorm to discuss the plan.

"Okay, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up on the balcony. Okay. Carlos?" Mal explained.

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand."

"Perfect. Evie?"

"Yeah?"

"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light."

"Okay." I heard Evie say before going to lay down next to Jay on his bed. I placed my head on his chest, hearing his soothing heartbeat as he started to play with the tips of my hair. Out of the corner, I saw Mal take out her spellbook, murmuring it to herself.

"M?" Mal looked up, "You wanna break Ben's love spell?" Evie asked.

"Yeah. You know for after. I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." I saw her get up out of her seat and walk away as I looked towards Evie. I gave a small frown before deciding to follow her. I continued to follow her until I heard singing coming from the kitchen.

Mal:

A million thoughts in my head

Should I let my heart keep listening?

I know it's time to say goodbye

So hard to let go

I heard her sing. I saw her start to cry as she continued to make the batter for the anti-love spell.

"Mal." I solemnly looked into her eyes as I saw her eyes filled with tears. I went over to her side and opened my arms for her. She immediately went into my arms as she cried into my shoulder. After a few minutes, I felt her starting to finally calm down a little bit.

"You love him? Don't you?" I asked her as we pulled away from each other.

"He makes me happy, but I have to go along with the plan."

"I know. This sucks."

"It totally does." We shared a laugh before we finished making the mini cupcakes that had the spell. We finally went back to our own dorm and fell asleep.