The Spell

By the time I got there, I noticed Evie staring at one of the princes that was sitting across from her. Since Evie was sitting next to Doug, I went and sat behind them when I overheard them talking.

"Any chance he's in line for a throne? Anywhere in line?" She asked dreamily.

"Chad. Prince Charming, Jr. Cinderella's son. He inherited the charm, but not a lot of there, there. You know what I mean?" Doug replied. I saw Evie look at Doug for a second before looking back at Chad with dreamy eyes.

"Looks like there, there to me." She said with a dreamy smile before Mr. Deley called on her.

"Evie. Perhaps this is just review for you. So tell me, what is the average atomic weight of silver?"

"Atomic weight? Uh, well, not very much. I mean, it's an atom, right?" I heard her laugh along with Chad before Mr. Deley motioned her to come forward. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her secretly grab her magic mirror and go up to the front where the chalkboard was.

"Let's see. How do I find the average atomic weight of silver?" I saw her look down at her hand slightly before writing down the problem on the board.

"That would be 106.905 times .5200, plus 108.905 times .4800, which, Mr. Deley would give us 107.9 amu."

"Amu?" I mouthed.

"I forget. Always a mistake to underestimate..."

"A villain? Don't make it again." Evie tossed the little piece of white chalk to Mr. Deley before sassily returning to her seat. As she walked past Chad, I saw him dreamily staring at her when he gave a little note. I saw her walk back to her seat with a smile on her face and gave Chad a slight nod before going back to dreamily staring at each other. After school was over I decided to go back to our dorms where I saw Jane, Mal, and Evie.

"What's going on guys?" I asked as I walked into the room.

"Jane's mom isn't going to take out the wand." Mal said with annoyance.

"Mom said, 'If a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it.' Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane whined.

"Auradon." I said with a smirk on my face as I started to draw in my sketchbook with Mal.

"Mal, Hal, do you like?" Evie said as she held up a piece of clothing that she was making on her sewing machine.

"Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes." I said as I continued to draw in my sketchbook. I saw her look at it with a smile on her face.

"I know." I heard her say quietly before she started working on it once more.

"I'll never get a boyfriend."Jane complained.

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal and I said in unison.

"And how would you guys know? You've never had one." Evie said as she sent a smirk our way.

"It's cause we don't need one, E." I snapped as I looked at Evie with an annoyed look before turning back to my drawings.

"They're a waste of time." I said to Jane. Out of the blue, I suddenly heard Evie stop sewing and gasp.

"I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." Evie said frantically as she went to grab Chad's backpack and start working on his homework. As she continued to panic, Mal and I looked at each other and snickered to ourselves.

"And that is exactly what we mean." Mal said as we continued to draw in our sketchbooks. I suddenly heard a knock on the door to see one of the princesses standing in our doorway. She was wearing chinese themed clothes and black hair that was to her chin.