Chapter 3 Choices

Autumn had made a run for it, when she realised the queen and this strange man conversation was coming to a end, she did not want to be caught and if she went ahead she would know if something was waiting for there Queen.

Autumn had run back to her lavender field, dumping her gown behind her some where in the field the sunlight hitting her skin and the wind touching her calmed her down. Autumn had got some information,   the Queen had asked the the wolves for help. Protection. She asked for a few to guard our borders, keeping us safe but she had promised him something, though he didn't really ask. She would come back and ask us fairies to make a choice, Autumn was unsure of the choice, but Autumn wanted to take it, she wanted to prove herself to the queen. This was her moment.

She saw some of her fairies running by the field, all running to the centre of the kingdom. Autumn followed, lingering among her sisters, looking for the Queen. All had gathered, Autumn could see everyone was anxious, she could fear the anticipation from everyone. They had set up a stand, so the Queen would see all of them, the two warrior fairies stood at either side of the stand, standing strong and tall.

Autumn couldn't see the queen, she hadn't notice her across the crowd, but Queen Rina had seen her, she knew Autumn had followed, she could smell her lavender smell miles away, spending so much time in the fields Autumn hadn't realised that the lavender was now apart of her fragrance, Queen knew and she notice the wolf in front of her had noticed it and he'd notice how his face would linger to the smell when the wind hit slowly. Rina also knew what she was about to do broke every single code, in the fairies code. But Queen Rina knew Autumn would forgive her, she knew it was in her children nature.

Queen Rina took the stage, everyone fell silence including Autumn herself. 

Queen Rina spoke then " My children, as we all know your sisters have started to go missing, there blood drained from there bodies, drank to death." Queen Rina showed her feeling then, Autumn and the rest noticed.
"No longer, I have called upon a friend. A werwolf." The word lingered in the air and the fairies started to whispered to themselves.

"I know my daughters, we have never shown our self but I will only ask and never demand from you. I love each of you, I seeded, watered and allowed some of you to travel here to live a peaceful life. Never do I wish any of my children harm."

Autumn felt it then, her and the Queen locked eyes. The choice.

"The Alpha and I have come to an agreement,  10 fairies will leave this place tomorrow and travel to the pack, help but learn about us and help but with the vampires, the more of our blood sits in there boarders the vampire will follow that smell." the Fairies were growling louder, some letting out crys of disbelief and shock. Fearful. But Autumn was not.

"I know my children calm, nobody will be forced to go. Understand that. If more fairies are out in the open the safety these Fairies are right now, its a sacrifice a choice some will make. Protect your sisters, the wolves will keep you safe, there protect you. Or They will deal with a more great higher power." Queen Rina voice was threatening, we all knew but as Autumn looked around many had there head down, Queen Rina was going to have less than 10 fairies with all the fear coming from the others.

"Can we come back once the vampires have gone?" Autumn called out, her own voice surprising her. Many others looked back at Autumn surprised, most fairies had never spoken to Autumn she was a lone fairy kept to herself, ignored others and kept to herself. Autumn had pushed other fairies away when some of them longed to just be her friend.

Queen Rina, nodded pleased with herself Autumn had spoken up said something, she knew this was the moment.

"Yes" the fear in the crowd calmed down, I guess the thought of fairies being able to come home made everyone feel better. Autumn thought, she could go and come back.