Chapter 5

On the day of Bom's arrival in Gangnam, Jennie decided to stop by Jisoo's place for a little while to kill some time until she got there. The anxiety about letting everyone know about her pregnancy later that evening was beginning to creep up on her, and another sleepless night of throwing up the night before wasn't helping things. She was completely exhausted, but she was now officially over the twelve week mark so she hoped that things would start to level out now and she would get a little bit of a break.

"Hey! How are you?" Jisoo asked happily as Jennie stepped inside and made her way through to the kitchen where Jisoo was filling the kettle up with water.

"I'm good, how are you? Are you looking forward to seeing Bom tonight?" Jennie asked as she walked over to the table and pulled out a seat.

"Oh yeah, I haven't seen her for a few months so it'll be nice to catch up." Jisoo told her as she set the kettle on to boil. "Do you want a coffee?"

"Oh, uh, no I'll have tea, thanks." Jennie smiled despite the internal pain she was currently suffering through over having to decline the coffee offer.

Once both mugs were filled, Jisoo carefully carried them over to the table and set them down before sliding Jennie's over to her and pulling out a seat beside her.

"Oh I meant to ask, what time do you want us to come over tonight?" Jisoo asked Jennie as she brought the warm mug up to her lips. "Hayul's soccer practice was canceled tonight, something about a family emergency with the coach or something, so we're free whenever." she told her.

"Uh, I think Lisa said dinner would be ready around five, but we'll be home all day so it doesn't really matter, just stop by whenever you guys want to." Jennie smiled, trying to swallow down against the slight tightening of her throat as she thought about everything.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked, face slightly concerned as she eyed Jennie.

"I'm fine." Jennie assured her with a nod of her head, although the way Jisoo was currently staring at her indicated that she wasn't buying it in the slightest. Jennie sighed in defeat as she began to speak up again. "I guess I just... I have a lot on my mind." she admitted.

"Do you need to talk about it? You know that you can tell me anything." Jisoo assured her softly. "Whatever it is, you know I'm here."

"I know.. I just.. It's something that I can't tell you right now, and-..." Jennie cut off, feeling a slight stinging sensation behind her eyes as she willed herself not to cry. She rarely ever cried, and while this wasn't an extremely easy conversation, it certainly wasn't one that would make non-hormonal Jennie cry, and she knew that Jisoo knew that.

"Hey." Jisoo spoke softly, getting Jennie's attention before looking around the room, almost to check if there was anyone there despite the fact that it was just the two of them in the house. "I know." Jisoo told her simply.

"Wait you.. You know what?" Jennie questioned as she finally made eye contact with Jisoo once again after getting herself under control.

"I know, Jennie." Jisoo repeated once again. "You're exhausted all the time, and you just turned down a cup of coffee, plus Ella was a little worried a few weeks ago because she said that she heard you throwing up, don't worry I assured her that you were fine, and Lisa is even more protective of you than usual. You're my sister, Jennie, it wasn't hard to figure it out." Jisoo laughed kindheartedly.

"Oh thank god." Jennie breathed a sigh of relief. "Does Rosé..?"

"No, just me." Jisoo assured her. "I haven't said anything to anyone, I knew that you would tell us all in your own time, on your own terms."