Chapter 3

Despite Jennie's pregnancy being confirmed by the OB GYN, they each opted to keep it to themselves seeing as how early on the whole thing was. While it wasn't something that either one of them wanted to think about, they both knew that there was still plenty that could still go wrong in terms of the pregnancy, and Jennie didn't want to have to get everyone all excited to let them down again if, god forbid, something were to go wrong with the baby.

They decided that they would keep it to themselves until Jennie hit the twelve week mark and the risk of things going wrong was down significantly, which resulted a lot of Jennie subtly trying to leave work early to get some rest, or trying to throw up as quietly as she possibly could in her office bathroom so that she didn't alert her assistant or anyone else of her current predicament.

The fatigue was really starting to get to her now, and Lisa was unsure if they would even make it to the twelve week mark before the people closest to them began to notice that something was wrong. Jennie could tell that she was worried about her, and whilst Lisa didn't straight up say anything about it, it was clear in the little things that she did. She would always have a meal ready for Jennie coming home, and always something extremely healthy. She would make sure that after she had eaten, Jennie slept for at least a half an hour to catch up on the sleep that she would be missing throughout the night, and Lisa would always make sure that she feeling okay enough to go to work that day, despite Jennie insisting that she was fine and that it was way too early to think about taking time off now for the pregnancy.

They had been so caught up in everything with the pregnancy that Jennie almost forgot about setting up everything for Ella's upcoming birthday party, thankfully she got on top of everything and quickly managed to arrange everything that she needed to for the coming weekend. It was the first big birthday part that Ella was having, and they were all extremely excited about it. Jisoo and Rosé were put in charge of decorating duty whilst Jennie and Lisa dealt with the food and invitations. They briefly toyed with the idea of baking the birthday cake themselves, but eventually settled on the realization that it probably wasn't the best idea given everything else that they were currently dealing with and stressing over.

Instead, Jennie had decided to check out one of the bakeries in the city and see if they did custom cakes. She text Jisoo to ask if she would like to join her, and the next day the two of them were en route whilst Lisa stayed home with Ella.

"I know it's only been a few weeks but feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" Jisoo exclaimed as she pulled Jennie in for a hug after climbing into the car.

"God I know, I'm sorry, we've been so busy with everything." Jennie told her as she pulled away and started the car up. "I can't wait for summer and to be able to just take some time off and do absolutely nothing for a little while."

"Are you guys thinking about taking a vacation this year? Rosé and I were talking about Italy, or maybe France." Jisoo told her. "Hayul is going away with a friend for the week, so we figured we might as well take advantage of it."

"We actually haven't talked about it yet, honestly we've barely had a moment to breathe the past few weeks with work and school and everything." Jennie admitted, although she did feel a little guilty for leaving out one little detail.

"Yeah, you look exhausted." Jisoo admitted with a laugh.

"Hey!" Jennie spluttered. "You're not supposed to say that."

"Well, I promised that I would always be honest with you." Jisoo continued to laugh, I didn't say that you would agree with it.

"Fair point." Jennie conceded.

It didn't take them long until they were pulling up outside of the bakery, and Jennie knew that if Lisa had come she would currently be losing her mind over the window display. There was a variety of different cakes stacked up, some shapes and designs that didn't even look like they should be possible in cake form, and an explosion of color in the form of icing and decor.