One Last Night

Chapter fifthteen: One Last Night

"Jenny? Wake up we're here." My mom said gently pushing me awake.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked outside the taxi window. We had made it to the hotel and my mom had already had our luggage on a trolley and all I had to do was get out.

Letting out a soft sigh I got out of the vehicle and stood up my eyes adjusting to the bright light.

"I'm going to check us in, Summer had called and said that she would be here any minute to pick you up and take you to the Hospital to see Liam."My mom explained as she kissed my head and walked inside the hotel as I got to wait for Summer to get here.

I only waited like fifthteen to about twenty minutes for her to get here and I was impatiently pissed off a little bit. Yeah I was only here for about a day and a half but I honestly don't even know if I can survive about two hours back here.

"Jenny!" Summer said stepping out if her pickup truck to greet me with a hug. For the sake of keeping the peace I gave a her a hug back and not only that I realized that I did miss her quite a bit than what I had thought I would.

"How's Liam?" I asked breaking from the hug and getting in her truck along with her.

"He's been getting better. He had started his therapy the other day."Her eyes looked sad as they filled up with tears,"Liam might not be able to walk again and I feel as if it's all my fault."I saw a tear fall down her cheek.

Mentally groaning in my head I thought I better cheer her up before we go and see Liam. "Liam is a strong guy, he will walk again and if he doesn't it won't change how he feels about you."I said placing my hand on her shoulder trying to comfort her.

She nodded as took her hand to wipe away a few tears that had let slip her.

Before I had knew it we had pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and I soon found myself clamming up with with anticipation.

As we entered the building a nurse had greeted us and lead us to the visitors centre. "He hasn't stopped talking about seeing you, he seems really excited."the nurse had said smiling before leaving Summer and I to go up to him and say something.

"Liam." I said as I walked up the the wheelchair, it's back of it facing us.

"Jenny?" Quickly the wheelchair had turned around and I saw Liam. "It really means a lot to me." He said as I had wrapped my arms around him to give him a hug.

"I've missed you."I mumbled in his ear as I hugged him back. He looked rough, his head the bandaged up, he had stitches underneath his eye and his one leg was in a cast.

"I've missed you too."He whispered in my ear, his lips grazing my cheek as we pulled away from each other. "Summer,can you leave please? I kind of just want to talk to Jenny for a bit."He explained giving her a small smile.

"Yeah, of course."She said walking over and giving him a kiss on a cheek before waving and leaving the centre.

"Alright, so what did you want from me Liam?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest as I sat down at a table where a checker board was laid out.

He wheeled over to him,being on the other side of the table. "How could you have possibly guessed that I wanted something from you?"His lips uplifted into his smartass smirk.

"Because Liam, I know for a fact that if I didn't come here to see you it wouldn't have mattered to you."I explained as I sat up the checker board for us.

"Alright.. there is a reason why I wanted you to come here."He said as he moved one of his checker pieces.

"And what might that just be?"I slightly raised my eyebrow as I moved one of the red pieces.