21

After a week Meredith could talk and she hasn't stopped since.

" I can't believe my hair is growing so slowly " Meredith whined.

" Oh shut up you look cute, not as cute as me but good " Cristina said which made Meredith chuckle. " OH did you hear Kepner and Avery " Cristina spilled.
" Oh my god! no way I thought that she was waiting "

" She was, I guess it just happened " Meredith and Cristina gossiped.

Derek walked into the room " Hey beautiful "
Derek has gotten so much happier when she got her hearing back, everyone can hear it in his voice.

" Bailey told me that you're going to be discharged soon. " He sounded excited.

" yea but I'm gonna look like shit cause I'm still bald like a rat " She complained which made Derek's smile disappear. Meredith and Derek kept exchanging looks without talking. Cristina slowly got crept out and left the room.

" I haven't been able to feel myself since the shooting " Meredith felt tears coming down her cheeks at this point.
Derek felt so bad, he wishes that he can fake everything away.8

" Meredith I know, but you did survive and that makes you a hero. " Derek tried to comfort her.
" I survived but our baby didn't " She fidget with her fingers.

" Mer, the baby was too early, anything could have caused it that could have lead to a miscarriage, " Derek said placing a kiss on her forehead and hugged her placing Meredith's head on his shoulder since he knows that is her favourite place to cry.

Meredith sobbed for the baby, the pain, the headaches and insecurity.

" Hey! how are we... " Teddy said as she walked into the room before seeing Meredith crying on Derek's shoulder.

" I'm going to come later " She insisted before Meredith stopped her.

" No, let's just get this over with " She demanded getting off Derek.

Altman nodded and entered the room once again.

" Today we will try walking from the bed to the chair, 30-second break then back to the bed on the other side. " She instructed.

Meredith swung her legs out and held Derek's shoulder to push herself up. " Very good " Altman instructed. " Few steps Mer! you can do this " Derek comforted her nicely.  " Stop! " Meredith yelled as her legs were slightly shaking. She took in a few deep breaths and clenched Derek's scrubs as she closed her eyes.

" Meredith are you ok? " The two doctors asked.

" I-I just need to lay- " She started talking before passing out into the darkness. Luckily Derek caught her just in time before hitting the ground.

" What the hell? " Altman questioned. " Lay her gently on the ground " She demanded. He grabbed a pillow and placed her head gently on the ground.

Teddy brought out her stethoscope and placed it against her heart. " WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED " Lexie and Alex yelled in the doorway.

" She passed out while we were doing her PT " Altman gently told them placing her fingers on her neck.

" Heartbeat is good, let's get her back on the bed " Alex came in and helped Derek lift her.
" So she's ok? " Derek asked with a worried tone.

" I'm guessing she was tired and really dizzy or maybe she got up too fast which made her pass out onto the ground, " Teddy said looking at her chest insition. I'll give her some pain meds " She said while a nurse pushed in some medication through her I.V.