10

It was just a small kiss on the cheek, why should the both of them had reacted the way they did. It was unnecessary. Uncalled for, then why didn't it feel that way for the pair?

It was such a small, innocent gesture, Hermione would have not cared if anyone did that to her. But, this was not just anyone, no it was Draco bloody Malfoy so of course it was different, she just wasn't sure why.

"You..." Hermione was left breathless "You don't regret it?" She asked.

"N-no"

Hermione let out a small puff of laugh "Merlin, we're acting like we kissed, it was one small peck on the cheek!" Hermione shrieked.

Draco shook his head. He didn't know why they cared so much about the situation, she was right. It was just a small peck on the cheek, nothing more. Being one of Hermione's closest friends, he learned what things meant for her. A kiss on the cheek from a friend, that was a boy, didn't mean anything, it was just a symbol of their friendship, nothing more. He knew this, yet he did not understand the feeling that this was not a symbol of their friendship. Draco knew she had most likely thought of this as well.

They were Draco and Hermione, it was different for them, even if no one could explain why.

Draco could not hold off the feelings he'd caged inside ever since Hogwarts, it was impossible.

Finally beginning to hear her rambling again, he rolled his eyes, grabbed her waist and kissed her.