6

1999

Graduation.

Hermione and Draco graduated exactly one year ago today. They were still friends. Before, they both would have admitted to being acquaintances. Now, they consider one another friends. Hermione had told Draco about her parents. He had sympathized. They cried together, more so Hermione. They laughed until their stomachs hurt. They made fun of students. They told secrets. They read books. They were practically inseparable for their last year at Hogwarts.

Harry and Ron had quite a fit about who she had been handing her time to every minute of every day. Ginny simply shrugged as she saw whatever Dracos company was doing to Hermione, it must've been good, because she had been happier than anyone had ever seen her.

Draco had apologized for everything, she forgave him with time. The pair had their arguments, they sheepishly apologized once again. The two seemed to rarely get into arguments, even though they usually disagreed about most things. Draco had was there for Hermione, as was Hermione for Draco. Hermione and Draco had developed an amazing friendship, better than Hermione with Harry or Ron.

Ron and Harry not being at Hogwarts, did not mind once they were reassured of Draco and his new self. Ron did seem a bit on edge, he still does. After all, Ron and Draco despised one another. Although Draco had tried to be civil with Ron, he had merely given up when Ron had outright ignored Draco all together. Now, the two exchange greetings, a few words then they would stick to not speaking each other for the rest of the visit. Hermione found Ron and Dracos friendship ridiculous, she always shook her head in disapproval.

Here sat Hermione and Draco in their new office at the ministry of magic in a meeting. Hermione had been head of Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, while Draco had been head of Department of Magical Games and Sports. Draco had been utterly surprised when he had been given the position at the department, but he sure he was not surprised when Hermione had been given her position, especially with how hard she had worked.

"Now, I would like to check up on every single department today. The daily prophet has been, unfortunately giving false information on a few amount of our departments" Kingsley announced with sympathetic eyes as everyone took their seats.

"I say we let them, we just have to do our job" Cormac shrugged nonchalantly. Cormac was now the head of Department of Mysteries, much to everyone's surprise.

Hermione scoffed in annoyance at her coworker. Kingsley gave her his attention "Ms Granger, would you like to elaborate on anything?"

"This is utter rubish! It's that bimbo Rita Skeeter is writing about us just to get back at me for something she did! And now she is taking it out on everyone else in this building! Should we not do something, anything about it?" Hermione ranted out of anger. Rita had it out for Hermione ever since their incident with Harry and herself. It drove Hermione mad.

"Ms. Granger, thank you for your opinion. We will have a word for her, in the meantime, Cormac..." Kingsley began to talk to every head of every department as a check up.

Draco had been doing his best to keep in the bundle of laughter that had been dying to to come out since Hermiones angered rant on Rita Skeeter. Hermione did not find this amusing. After everyone had been excused, Hermione stormed to her office and shut the door tight.

Knock

Knock

"Come in!" Hermione called out with annoyance laced into her words.

Luke. Luke is Hermione's assistant, he has been working for her ever since the day she started. They have created a small friendship. Of course, Draco had rolled his eyes whenever trying to get into Hermione's office because of Luke. Hermione could not tell, but Draco could, it was clear Luke had feelings for her.

Luke walked in with a roll of his eyes. "Mr. Malfoy, he is here to see you" He said with a huff.

"Luke.." Hermione started along with rubbing her temples "Mr. Malfoy can always come in, you know this. Send him in"

Draco bumped Luke's shoulder harshly with a cold glare before taking a seat in Hermione's office.

"Really Draco, must you bully Luke?" Hermione arched an eyebrow

"It's not my fault he doesn't like me" Draco shrugged "bad day so far?" Draco grimaced slightly.

"Horrible! That stupid Rita Skeeter  called my job a pet society! Magical creatures being mistreated has nothing to do with p-pets!" Hermione screeched as she almost ripped her hair out.

Draco grimaced before backing away in his seat. "Come on then, let's go get a drink yeah? Blaise and Theo are coming"

"I ca -"

"Do not say you can't! Yes you can, let's go" Draco stood up from his seat, grabbed her arm lightly and began to pull her out of her office despite of her protests.

After going home and getting dressed, Hermione met Draco outside of her flat. He was breathless. She had chose a green tight dress that fell just below her thighs, the dress had hugged her skin. Draco had thankfully, composed himself before she noticed his gawking towards her.

Draco had seen her in many dresses for events or balls, most of which were given by Ginny. The red head had always needed to force these dresses onto Hermione, which Draco frowned at. Draco had only ever liked it when Hermione was comfortable. He adored it when she had her hair in a bun with grey sweatpants and a sweatshirt, because she was comfortable, she was her. When she was forced into dresses, you could tell she was forced just by the look on her face, making Draco feel bad about her being uncomfortable. This is the reason why he had asked if she was alright wearing what she was wearing. Hermione had simply shrugged him off with telling him she needed to let loose once in a while.

Draco had unfortunately seen Hermione go through dating. She had a few dates over the two years of them being good friends. Draco knew Hermione cared about his opinion on who she dated. He used this wisely. Draco always gave reasons why every guy she dated was no good. Hermione had simply agreed.

Draco himself had one or two dates. Both awful. Hermione had as well voiced her opinion strongly with how she had not liked the girls. Draco had smiled softly at her each time she told him about how awful the girls were, he could not stop himself from wondering if she had been jealous.

Arriving at the club had been quite easy. They immediately spotted Blaise and Theo. This was definitely going to be a fun night. Whenever the four of them would go out, they would go wild, well, more so Theo, Blaise and Draco. Hermione had been the one to scold the hungover boys in the morning.

Party night.