9

Hermione felt uncomfortably
curios.

Curious along with a small pang of sadness. After Dracos kiss on her cheek, he had not talked to her for a week. She wondered if he was scolding himself for doing such a loving gesture. Hermione found herself okay with his action. She quite liked it. Hermione did wonder one allegation over and over in her head.

Had it not been for for Ted, would he still have kissed her on the cheek?

Hermione did recall the rather fiery look Draco had whenever she would ask for his advice on any of her dates. Then again, she felt she held the same amount of fire in her eyes when he had a date. Perhaps he did it to make to sure Ted would not try anything with her, Hermione doubted that, she could not think of a reason he would do that.

Draco had not dared to contact Hermione for a week, he felt to ashamed. He felt he had stepped over some invisible boundary. They were not a couple. Draco had assumed she hated his guts. He had not contacted her, she did not reach out. He wondered if she would ever reach out, or if she would simply stay away, in hopes of him never kissing her cheek or anything of the sort again.

Draco could not lie, Hermione was attractive, he knew. Draco had his lust gazed moments, maybe every time he saw her, but that did not mean she felt an ounce the same way for him. She was funny, sweet, sassy, extremely smart and loyal. Draco never intended for any of his past dates to lead to anything, he just needed someone to help him get distracted from Hermione. He knew it was wrong, but he was desperate. When Draco saw the new assistant, he instantly smelled suspicion, he panicked and did what he felt the need to do.

He missed her.

Yes, he was trying his best to drown away in shame by avoiding her, but that did not mean he wanted to.

Finally having enough time, Draco picked up his quill.

Hermione,

We need to talk.

Leaky Cauldron, 2pm, today.

Yours,

Draco.

Hermione gazed at the parchment with her lip caught between her teeth before standing up from her chair. She exhaled long and deep.

————

"Hello"

"Hi"

Draco and Hermione sat across from each other. Both had tight smiles, hands clasped together and the same butterfly's swirling around in their stomachs. Draco opened his mouth to speak, he quickly shut it out of his nerves telling him otherwise.

Hermione, not being able to take the awkward silence, finally spoke.

"Draco, what happened? You haven't spoke to me for a whole bloody week! You've been avoiding me at work, your even switching your meetings for them to be without me!" Hermione shrieked, her hands flying everywhere in frustration. It was hard to read him at the moment and it was driving her mad.

"Hermione i... do you... I assumed you'd never want to see me again" Draco hung his head with the ability to look at her vanished.

"Draco, look at me" Hermione sighed. He looked up at her, they locked eyes "If this about your little gesture in front of my new assistant. Consider it forgotten if you hated it so much" Hermione did not let him reply as she got up and left, leaving him stunned and saddened.

That was the thing.

He did not hate it.

In fact, if he got the chance to feel her skin under his lips once again, he would take it. Draco shoved his face in his hands out of frustration. He was frustrated at himself for not stopping her, for not telling her he did not regret it nor did he hate it. Draco assumed she was uncomfortable with it, he felt embarrassed. He wondered if she was the one who hated it, after all, she did make sure she got the last words in their meeting, and those last words hurt like the Cruciatus Curse.

Draco head down to his, Blaise and Theos favorite bar. They talked, Draco avoided the subject on Hermione. Theo had surprisingly not brought it up, they had not told Blaise, Draco knew the second he did, the teasing would come like a tornado. Draco knew, when things got rocky for him in life, he could always depend on Theo, Blaise and their favorite bar to slice down his pain, even if it's only temporary.

Blaise brought his blond haired dazed friend out from his thoughts by judging him in a different direction. Draco turned his head to see Hermione, sitting by herself. She had what looked like either vodka or water, he assumed vodka with the day she had. Hermione was outlining the rim of the glass with her finger. Overall she looked like her cat died, Draco shook his head, she would look worse if her cat died.

Draco turned his head back to see his friends gone, looking around, he found them talking to what looked like two blond best friends. That's when Draco saw a different blond began to sway her hips in his direction, she was looking straight at him. He realized she was probably expecting to talk to him. He panicked.

Sure, she was pretty but.

But.

But she was no Hermione.

Draco shot out of his seat, he strode towards Hermione. She did not see him. She tilted her head slightly.

"Hermione"

"Ah!" Hermione jumped at his voice. She turned her head with her hand on her chest, which was still heaving from his scare. "Merlin, you scared me, Malfoy!"

Malfoy

Ouch.

"I'm here with Blaise and Theo, what're you doing here?" Draco asked over the slightly loud music. Her leaned forward to better hear her answer.

"I just needed to get out for a bit" Hermione spoke rather loudly over the music while nodding.

"Do you want to join us?" Draco pointed behind him with his thumb.

"I think your pretty busy. I won't keep her waiting" Hermione said with a glance behind his shoulder before grabbing her bag and leaving.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't bring a girl. He turned around to see the blond holding his wallet and coat, waving her hand seductively. That most certainly did not look good to Hermione. Draco groaned in frustration. He grabbed his wallet and coat, he strode out of the bar to see his curly brunette haired friend walking across the street, towards the apparation point. He ran.

"Hermione!"

"Hermione! Wait!" At the second scream of her name, she stopped. She turned, tilted her head lazily. He was still running with his coat in the crook of his elbow with his wallet in his pocket.

"Hello Malfoy, again" Hermione smiled tightly, she looked irritated with her hands on her hips. "Was there something you needed -"

After Draco finally caught his breath he began "Malfoy? I thought we were past that, I thought we've been past that. Hermione, I really have no clue why you ran out of the Leaky Cauldron today, and without hearing what I had to say. You know - "

"I didn't listen to what you had to say, because I was scared about what you were going to say" Hermione looked him in the eyes. He noticed the small sparkle of sadness in her eyes while she spoke.

"Well, I was going to say I didn't hate it. I don't regret it" Draco confessed.