Chapter 5: High Walls And Beyond Promises

"What kind of plan is this? Steal everything?" (Y/N) said and looked at Chrollo as if he was stupid. "You're expecting me to watch over everyone when all of you are going to look like dead targets."

"If you're not going to do it for me, do it for Pakunoda." Chrollo bluntly said.

"If one dies-"

"No one will die." Chrollo interrupted.

"Whatever." (Y/N) walked out of the abandoned building following Feitan, Franklin, Machi, Nobunaga, Uvogin, Shalnark, and Shizuku.

~ Time Skip ~

It was deep into the evening, at least an hour before the auction actually started and the eight were walking around the streets. Along the streets, there was a crowd forming around a table. They walked through the crowd looking at what the fuss was about. In the center, a boy with green hair was arm-wrestling a contender. A white-haired boy and a tall man with glasses stood near him. The boy with green hair laughed as he pushed the contender's arm down.

Meanwhile, Shizuku quickly pickpockets a random person and walks up.

"Shizuku, what are you-" (Y/N) started. Shizuku put a finger to her lips to keep quiet.

"I kind of want the diamond ring." Shizuku said. (Y/N) sighed and walked up with Shizuku. She was definitely going to be seen with them.

The tall male shouted, "Anyone next?"

Killua scanned the crowd and his eyes widened. He spotted (Y/N). "Oi Gon, isn't that (Y/N)?" He said, pointing enthusiastically.

"Where is she, Killua?!" Gon said in his bright and cheery voice. He stood up to look towards the direction Killua was pointing. "It is! (Y/N)! Over here!" (Y/N) tensed when she saw Gon waving at her. She gave a small wave back and walked closer to the center.

"Gon!" The tall male interrupted. "There's a girl that wants to arm-wrestle with you."

"Oh sorry Leoreo." Gon sat down and put his arm out, unknowingly picking Shizuku's weak hand. Shizuku still accepted his hand, gripping onto it.

"Ready and go!" Leoreo said. At this point, (Y/N) was in the front while Franklin and Feitan were waiting in the back. The rest of the members walked off somewhere else. She watched the two struggle to beat each other. Gon started using his full strength on Shizuku and eventually knocked her hand down. "Oi (Y/N), let's arm-wrestle." Shizuku looked over to (Y/N) who was now the center of attention in the crowd.

The sudden attention ran shivers down her spine. "Uh sure." (Y/N) accepted, not wanting to be called "chicken" by the two boys. "Uh do I get change?" (Y/N) said as she waved a bill of 100,000 Jenny. Killua, Gon, and Leoreo looked at the bill with pleading eyes. "Ah never mind." (Y/N) gave Leoreo the bill and sat down in Shizuku's place.

Shizuku whispered to her, "If you win, get the diamond." However, (Y/N) waved her off.

"Ready?... Go!" Leoreo shouted. The two focused on each other's hands that were just shaking for dominance. Gon's arm started gaining the lead. When he was about to slam her hand down, she slammed his... a bit too hard.

"Ouch! (Y/N)! You didn't need to slam that hard." Gon pouted and shook his hand to lessen the pain. There was a small dent on the table.

(Y/N) put her hand to the back of her neck and nervously laughed. "Oops. My bad. You've gotten stronger since the Hunter Exam though."

"Only because of you. You were the best examiner." Killua furiously nodded in agreement.

"I want to try next (Y/N)!" Killua shouted.