Chapter 2: Memories Are Playing In My Dull Mind

(Y/N) stood across from Chrollo. It's been an hour since they started and both of them were clean of wounds, not wanting to give each other the upper hand. Chrollo has yet to bring out his book and (Y/N) still hasn't brought out her ability.

"Why don't you bring out your ability?" Chrollo questioned.

"Shut up. I don't need it." (Y/N) spat.

Chrollo scoffed. "It would be a shame if I killed you and ended up losing the chance to witness a nice ability. I guess it can't be helped." He pulled out his book and opened it to a page. Two indoor fish appeared by Chrollo's side.

(Y/N) grit her teeth. Chrollo manipulated them to go after her. The indoor fish dashed forward attempting to get a bite. She quickly pierced through one with her hand. Chrollo's expression changed into one of shock. The other one grazed her leg. She cursed under her breath. The one indoor fish vanished and one was left. It returned to Chrollo's side. He sighed and flipped to another page. The fish disappeared and now, a fan appeared in his hand. Pink cherry blossoms dominated the fan's design with bits of green. Its frame was made of gold lined with silver. Lastly, the simple charm at the end made the finishing touch. A skinny golden tag engraved with initials dangled from the bottom. Kaze's nen ability.

(Y/N) remembered how Kaze's ability only worked with a hand fan so she made one and his ability ended up taking the fan after she gave it to him. His ability worked with no other fan. His ability hid the fan and came whenever he needed it. As if Kaze and (Y/N) aligned since the first day they met.

(Y/N) looked at the fan Chrollo held. Every inch of her wanted to burst. She wanted to curse and kill Chrollo in every way possible for killing Kaze. However, at the same time, she wanted Kaze to come back or feel the same way again, but he couldn't come back anymore.

"You're going to wish you never killed him. I'll make you regret everything you did to him." (Y/N) finally said. Chrollo was finally going to see her ability.

A portal opened up on the side of (Y/N). Daggers exited the portal and floated as the portal closed. With a flick of her wrist, a dagger flew straight towards Chrollo. The dagger slightly cut the side of his face leaving it to seep out a little bit of blood. It disappeared before moving any further. (Y/N) tsked. Chrollo opened the fan and waved the accessory. A gust of warm wind blew and a couple of anemones sprouted. The anemones' roots rapidly grew, wrapping around any object it could get a hold of. (Y/N) had 5 remaining daggers in which she threw half to circulate the flowers and cut off their heads. The roots stopped, but the ability did not. The petals launched themselves towards (Y/N). Chrollo then advanced with the fan in one hand and the book in the other. Unable to dodge both at the same time, she ignored the tiny cuts from the petals and focused on Chrollo. As the petals fell from being used, she flung one of the daggers towards the fan, knocking it out of Chrollo's hand. He pulled out his knife and landed a cut on her. Before she was completely paralyzed from the toxin of the knife, she said something.

Chrollo was now advancing towards her with the fan again. She flicked her wrist as the dagger launched towards Chrollo's left eye, but before she could dodge fast enough to evade, Chrollo slashed her right eye with the tip of the fan. (Y/N)'s ability turned off due to the lack of concentration, causing her last standing dagger to fall with a clang. Chrollo's ability also turned off as the petals started disappearing in the air. (Y/N) was on the floor holding her right eye to stop the cut from bleeding. (Y/N) was in no shape to dodge after getting multiple cuts from the petals and a slash in the eye. Chrollo stood up and took out his knife again. He walked over slowly to her. (Y/N) noticed and tried to form something from her portal, but nothing appeared. He reached her and slightly cut her arm, paralyzing her.

"The dagger looks nice in your eye, Chrollo. You should keep it." (Y/N) mocked before getting paralyzed.

"My, my, what happened here." A certain clown walked in with an amused expression. Chrollo reached for his phone and dialed a number to call. After giving the message, he put his phone back.

"Just a friendly deathmatch. It's over though." Chrollo said casually as he sat waiting for an arrival.

"Oh shut up. None of us died yet. It's still on." (Y/N) spat.

"Do you want to die? You have no way of living if we continue this."

(Y/N) grit her teeth. "Don't kill dear (Y/N). I still have to go against her. Whoever can land a bloody hit on Phantom Troupe's leader has more of a reason to fight against me." The clown said with a sick smile.

"Do whatever Hisoka. She's not going to go far after all. She's coming back to Phantom Troupe whether she likes it or not."

"I'll kill everyone in Phantom Troupe if you bring me to your hellhole." (Y/N) interrupted.

"The moment you touch any of the members, I'll crush all your memories and make you live without them." Chrollo retaliated. Silence enveloped the floor, not even Hisoka said a word.

A rush of multiple footsteps neared the entrance of the floor. "Danchou, we got your text! Machi is here." Chrollo sighed.

The group looked at Chrollo with a dagger stuck in his eye and then at (Y/N) who was laying on the ground, waiting for her system to take the paralysis to wear off. They all glared at (Y/N) whose eyes were closed. Machi walked over to Chrollo and pulled out the dagger. Using her ability, she stitched up Chrollo's eye and gave him a temporary gauze to cover his eye with.

Machi then walked over to (Y/N). "Open your eye." She said.

"What are you going to do?" (Y/N) asked.

"If you want to bleed to death, that's fine with me."

"Fine." (Y/N) opened the eye that showed a nasty slash. Machi started stitching it up and then gave her a gauze too. (Y/N) closed her eyes again, waiting for them to leave.

Chrollo stood up and walked over to (Y/N).

"Don't touch me." (Y/N) immediately said with one eye half peeking out. Chrollo rolled his eyes and knocked her out. He carried her bridal style in his arms.

"Danchou, we can carry her for-" Pakunoda started.

"It's fine. Let's go." Chrollo interrupted.