In sickness and in health

This story part is best while listening to one of three songs: Blindsided, For Emma, and Re: Stacks all by Bon Iver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out into the waiting area with tears still streaming down my face.

"So, did she tell you?" I heard Katara ask.

"'Did she tell me'" I mocked, "What that she wants me to be with Mako, after all that he has done!?! To have a lif and just forget about her? Katara how could she do this to me? I cared for her so much, how?"

"Korra," she put her hand on my shoulder,"she does in deed want to be with you, but she just doesn't want to hurt you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Asami, when she took Amon's bending, she grew several tumors inside of her. Ones I cannot heal. There is not a thing that we can do, this was meant for you two to say your final goodbyes." Katara answered somberly.

I thought back to what Asami had said, It's her final wish, I thought. I felt the tears stream down as I left the hut. 

The tears continued to spill as I rode Naga to the edge of a cliff.

"Korra!!!!" I heard Bolin yell from behind me.

"Korra," he implied more as a question.

I sunk deeper into the snow as Naga tried to comfort me.

"I know what happened and I know Asami has cancer." I looked straight at the horizon as he continued.

"But that doesn't mean you can't be with her in her final moments. You two have been inseperable since you first met and deserve to be with each other.

"And I also know that Asami told you to forgive Mako and to go after him. Believe me, I know that it'll be hard living without someone you love and care about deeply, Asami wants you to keep on living without her. So why won't you let yourself?" Bolin said as he pet his furry freind.

Maybe he was right, I'm the only one who is in the way of letting us be happy. I was the one who hasn't forgiven Mako. I was the one who wasn't willing to accept that I have to move on even though it is going to hurt.

I got up and hugged Bolin,"Thank you so much."

He hugged me back,"It's what needed to be done for your sake."

I kissed him on his cheeck and rode off on Naga back to the hut. I ran into the hut and busted down the doors to Asami's room only to see Katara and other nurses putting white sheets over the face of my one and only.

10 YEARS LATER

3rd PERSON POV

"HONEY, could you hand me some batteries?" Mako shouted from the bathroom.

"Of course," Korra handed him the batteries, "so are you taking the day off tomorrow like I asked you to?"

Mako rubbed the back of his neck,"No, Lin didn't cut me a break. I'm sorry, things at the station have been really chaotic." 

"I'm not the one you should be apologizeing to." Korra crossed her arms. 

Mako sighed, he hated missing an oppurtunity to be with his daughter, but he simply couldn't be in two different places at once.

He walked up to his daughter's room and knocked lightly on the door frame,"Hey sweetheart?" he asked nervously.

"Come in Daddy, Uncle Bolin, Aunt Opal, and I were about to ask if you could join us for a little tea party." his daughter replied with a twinkle in her eye.

"Yeah Mako why don't you join us?" Bolin and Opla joined in.

This broke his heart even more,"I'm sorry sweetie, I can't I have to go to work."

"Oh that's ok we'll have the whole day tomorrow to have a tea party, I bet we can fit something in." she smiled.

"Sweetheart," he started,"about our little special day tomorrow, I won't be there."

The sweet little girl that was cheery just a second ago was now crying into her aunt's arms,"You promised daddy, you promised."

"I know sweetie, but there's not anything I can do." Mako tried to soothe her but she jerked away.

She started to run, she didn't know where, and she didn't care. She heard her Aunt and Uncle calling after her but she didn't stop, she continued to move.

She ran into a cemetary, she stopped there to catch her breath. She saw her mother sitting down next to a grave, reading aloud.

She walked over and read the tombstone:

Asami Sato

Truly loved and Truly cared

"Mommy?" the girl asked.

Korra turned and looked at her daugter,"Yes, sweet baby girl?"

"Whatcha reading?" the little girl asked.

She looked down at the book, she loved her daughter's natural curiosity and sense of adventure. "Why it's a book called To Kill a Mockingbird I think you might like it, you want me to read it to you?"

"Yes please." her daughter smiled.

The girl climbed into her mother's lap as she looked for the first page.

"Mommy?" she asked.

"Yes, sweet baby girl?"

"Why does this person have the same name as me?" she asked.

Korra's throat got constricted,"Well sweetheart, it all started one day when your mommy started her first day at Republic City High School."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys so what did you guys think? Please comment and give me new ideas on what stories to write so I know what the majority of you like. amd as always, stay warm, eat good food and sleep well.

<3<3<3