17

There was drinking and laughter and shouts of excitement all around you and once again you couldn't help but wonder why everyone wanted to leave.

You were sitting next to Newt and Minho, joking and talking in the hot, orange light from the fire. The fights were starting, so everyone stood up and formed a ring around the flames. The greenie was standing facing Gally.

They fought for a few moments, dodging each other's hits and landing a few of their own, trying to get one another out of the circle, eventually, Gally won, but the real victory was the shouts from the new guy:

"Thomas," he shouted, "My name! It's Thomas!" Everyone cheered for him, it had taken all day and a thwack on the head to get him his name back.

Thomas walked through the crowd of Gladers who were clapping him on the back in congratulations. He ended up near your group and sat down on a log next to Chuck. The kid got his chance to be friends with the greenie after all you guessed. You smiled. It was nice that Chuck was making new friends, and you'd be happy to make Thomas your friend. He seemed nice.

"Thomas," you waved, "congrats on figuring out your name." He smiled and you returned it before leaning back on Minho's shoulder.

The festivities continued for a few more hours, but after all of the days excitement, you were ready for bed. You pecked Minho on the cheek before heading towards the homestead.

"Y/N, wait up!" You turned to see Minho running towards you, "wait for me!"

"You ready for bed too, honey?" He scrunched his nose up in confusion.

"Honey? Why did you call me honey, what does that even mean?"

"I don't know, you have all these nicknames for me, so I thought, why not? And I chose honey because I like you and I like honey. Honeys sweet and you're sweet. I don't know." You were rambling. He smiled, but you didn't see, you were still rambling.

"I like it," He interrupted.

"Oh," you said, "good." The two of you talked until you reached the homestead, and then the bottom of the stairs, and then the top of the stairs, and then eventually, unfortunately, your bedroom door.

"So, goodnight," Minho said, pecking you on your lips.

"Goodnight." He lingered by the door, and you hesitated to turn the doorknob.

"Hey maybe I could-"
"Would you want to-" you both spoke at the same time, and stopped to let the other finish.

"Uh," Minho started, "maybe I could stay... here? Tonight?" You nodded silently and opened the door.

"Oh no." You looked at Minho over your shoulder to see what was wrong, but he wasn't there anymore.

'Maybe he changed his mind,' you thought. You felt a twinge of sadness but brushed it off. You'd see him tomorrow. You brushed your teeth in the bathroom across that hall and changed into your night clothes, a big green T-shirt and some baggy grey pants that were supposedly soft at one point.

You clicked off your lights, shut your door, and sat on the corner of your bed with your legs crossed in a pretzel shape. You watched the door for a few moments, waiting for it to turn, before crawling under the blankets and closing your eyes.

Less than two minutes later you heard footsteps thundering down the hall. You opened your eyes and sat up. What is going on?

"I'm back," Minho whispered from the doorway. You squinted at the bright light from the hallway streaming through your now-open door, "scoot over, Buggy."

You moved to one side of the bed so he could lay down next to you. He closed to door behind him and he slid into the sheets next to you. You turned your back to him and he wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you close to him. He pressed a kiss onto to base of your neck and sighed.

"Mm, this is nice."

"Mhm." You yawned and shuffled around on the creaky mattress until you were facing him. You leaned in and kissed him gently on his lips. You both smiled after you pulled away. A grieved screamed somewhere in the distance and your fear flickered across your face for a moment.

"Come here Buggy, I'll keep you safe." He pulled you close once again and tucked your head under his chin. Your legs were tangled together as he stroked your hair, kissing your forehead occasionally. Soon your breaths became heavier and you fell asleep in his arms. Minho followed suit shortly after.
____________________________________

Hi lovelies 💕💕💕

Here's a new chapter for you, I hope you all enjoy reading it!

I'm so sad that I'm so close to being done! I've had so much fun writing ahhhh

Comment some feedback or some constructive criticism pleaseee your comments make my day!!

I love y'all have a really good day 😊🥰😘