Chapter - 2

The party ended on a happy note. Aarnav and Shakshi look extremely happy after the party. Well, why won't they be? Their sons may have left them but they had got a reason to smile and feel special.

They can never forget the days when Ashok and Vineet used to celebrate their anniversary and birthdays like a festival, they used to be so excited for it. Things have changed now. Except Anamika, they are not that excited for anything though they know that she's pushing herself for all this, trying to keep herself busy to not miss Vineet which is really hard for her, especially now when she needs him the most.

Aarnav sometimes feels sad and guilty. It depressed him when Vineet's argument cross by his mind. He feels he could have let it go after all. It's just some property which was going to be his only one or the other day. Why not that time? Maybe his decision was wrong, he should had allowed him to merged both the companies but now the situation is out of control. Vineet left the house and even his wife, Aarnav wrong decision destroys not only his good relation with his son but also the relation of a happy couple.

Yes, he finds them happy!! Whenever Anamika was in need, Vineet was always there to support her. When they didn't accept her, he didn't let her lose hope; he had encouraged her every time for everything. And it was his idea that Anamika should join the company. But suddenly things changed, he changed. He took everything against himself, accused them and his wife, left them shattered and disheartened.

Okay, he was angry at the moment but he should have picked Anamika's call and converse with her. She had many things to tell him, many good memories to share but he turned ignorant.

Aarnav sighed deeply as he took his eyes off the large photo frame hanging on the wall of the hall, their family photo where Ashok and Vineet were hugging them, they were all smiling in the picture.

It's the only memory of the boys they have in the house. Aarnav had thrown out everything that belonged to them but that one particular picture, he didn't have the courage to take off.

Shakshi places her hand on his shoulder.

''Kya hua Aarnav? Kya soch rahe hai aap tabse?'' She asks.

Aarnav shook his head,''aab reh hi kya gaya sochne ko? Shayad tab socha hota toh aaj situation kuch alag hoti, shayad Vineet yahan hota aur Anamika itni udaas na hogi!! Main janti hoon wo sab natak kar rahi hai taki humein bura na lage par andar h...

Aarnav shook his head,''aab reh hi kya gaya sochne ko? Shayad tab socha hota toh aaj situation kuch alag hoti, shayad Vineet yahan hota aur Anamika itni udaas na hogi!! Main janti hoon wo sab natak kar rahi hai taki humein bura na lage par andar hi andar bechari ghut rahi hai aur kahin na kahin iske zimmedaar hum hi hai! Agar humne Vineet ko wo company de di hoti toh wo usse chod ke nahi jata kabhi, dono saath hote, khush hote, apni zindagi ki sabse badi khushi ko saath mri bant rahe hote par mere ek galat decision ne sab bigad diya!" Aarnav states letting out a deep sigh of disappointment.

''Aisa nahi hai Aarnav, aapki koi galti nahi

''Aisa nahi hai Aarnav, aapki koi galti nahi. Galti uski thi jo kuch samajh na paaya wo, usne sab kuch apne mutabit chaha jo possible nahi, adjust toh karna hi hota hai sabko. Khair, aap ye sab maat sochiye, aaj khushi ka din hai. Agar Anamika aapko aise udash dekhegi toh wo bhi dukhi ho jaayegi.'' Shakshi told him to which he shook his head in affirmation understanding her point.

At the same time, Anamika enters the hall with cups of tea as Aarnav likes to have tea at night and Shakshi has adapted the same, even Anamika does the same now. So, every night they sit together and sip their hot tea while discussing things about business or other things.

Anamika passes the cup to them and secures her seat. She has to tell them about her visit to Delhi.

She clears her throat to which they look at her.

''Papa, shayad mujhe kal sham ko Delhi nikalna pade! Mr

''Papa, shayad mujhe kal sham ko Delhi nikalna pade! Mr. Bhalla ka call aaya tha aur wo chahte hai ki hum unke foreign investors se bhi ek baar mille. Waise toh 2 din badh jana hi tha par investors parso subha ki flight se wapas jaa rahe hai! So, I have to go!!" She told them, tension lines instantly appeared on their forehead.

''Par beta, parso tumhari doctor se appointment hai tum chali jaaogi toh kaise chalega!" Shakshi says in concern, reminding her about the appointment.

''Maa, wo main wahan jaa ke bhi kar sakti hoon aap fikar maat kijiye. Meine Dr. Ridhi se baat kar li hai, unhone mere liye Delhi ke ek hospital mei appointment bhi book kar di hai toh koi problem nahi hogi!" Anamika assures her but Shakshi wasn't satisfied.

Well, she hates Delhi. Her actual concern is not Anamika's visit to Delhi but her fear, what if Anamika did not return to them like their sons? She doesn't want to lose her!!

Anamika holds her hand, knowing her main concern.

''Maa, aap fikar maat kijiye, kaam khatam hone ke turant badh hi main wapas aa jayungi aapke pass, I promise!" Anamika says assuring her but Shakshi is still in dilemma.

''Thik hai beta, agar jana jaruri hai toh main rokunga nahi bas tum apna khayal rakhna. Waise main bhi jaa sakta tha par mujhe iss project ke baare mei koi knowledge nahi toh mera jana waste hi hoga. Haan, main itna jarur kahunga ki wahan kissi aur ki wajah se khudko koi takleef maat hone dena kyunki wo ye deserve nahi karta. Aur ek baat, main nahi chahta usse kuch pata chala kyunki jab usse humne batana chaha tab wo sunne ko taiyaar na tha aur aab usse kuch batana khudki self respect ko kuchalne se jyada kuch nahi hoga aur wo main nahi chahta! Main nahi chahta meri beti ek aise insaan ke samne jhukhe jisse rishton ki kadar nahi!!" Aarnav told her in a firm tone, Anamika nodded.

Soon, they dispersed to their room after finishing their tea.

Anamika laid down on the bed while Aarnav words echoed in her ears.

He said it right! Vineet doesn't deserve to know anything about her, she don't need to tell him about herself or the family because he would surely take it as their tantrum to bring him back.

Anamika sighs deeply, she caresses the picture on the side table with a light smile and confesses her love for him, actually to the person he was in the past now the situation is different and so are her feelings for him!!

.

To be continued…