Chapter - 3

Two days passed by, Anamika had informed Aarnav and Shakshi about her meetings in Delhi and they are tense for her now as Vineet is also in Delhi, they fear if Anamika breaks down to see him or something bad will happen to her. They can't imagine anything bad happening to her. 

Shakshi looks at Anamika who was all set to leave the house.

"Jana jaruri hai kya beta? Yahan se kaam nahi ho sakta kya?" Shakshi asks, holding her hand, tears building in her eyes. 

"Maa aap aise udas ho jaayengi toh main kaise jaungi? I promise main do - teen din mein aa jaungi maa, sach keh rahi hoon agar yahan se ho sakta toh aapko chor ke main jaati hi nahi kabhi!!" She says convincingly but the lady wasn't pleased, after all she has lost her two children in that state and is fearful for the third. 

Anamika assured her that she'll be taking care of her and will return in a couple of days. Shakshi let out a deep sigh, her heart not wanting to let her go. 

"Shakshi, usse jaane doh! Kaam bhi jaruri hai hamara, I know tumhe chinta hai par she'll be fine, uske saath uski PA aur do bodyguards bhi jaa rahe hai jo uska khayal rakhenge." Aarnav assured his wife but Anamika was startled. 

"Bodyguards!?" She questioned Aarnav who nodded in affirmation. 

"Beta even I don't want to take the risk. Hamare aise hi bahut rivals hai uspe Delhi is not safe. So, take them along!" Aarnav directed her in concern to which nods and took her leave after taking their blessings. 

... 

Delhi Airport 

Anamika moved out of the airport when she found a certain someone waving at her, she let out a sigh but headed towards him. 

"Thank you for coming, Anamika!! I'm so glad, mere ek call karne pe tum chali aai!!" The person smiled at her widely, he seemed to be happy with her presence. 

"Ashok!! Tum iss khush fehmi mei mat raho ki main tumhare kehne pe aai hoon, I came here because I have some work to look upon. It's just a coincidence that you too called me at the same time. Had not it was my work I would have never landed here!" Anamika exclaims in clear words to Ashok, who was more than happy with her presence because he felt Vineet would return to them finding Anamika around, after all she's his wife and he loves her, he's probably distracted but then, aren't men this way? Easily get distracted, but they know their priorities. Ashok feels the same, he feels his brother will realize his mistakes once he sees his wife still waiting for him. 

"Chalo kaam ke liye hi sahi par at least ussi bahane tum aai toh, aab sab thik ho jaayega, main janta hoon!! Khair, chalo ghar chalte hai, baki baat wahan aaram se karenge!!" Ashok exclaims in an excited tone but Anamika denies his offer. 

"Nahi Ashok!! Meine apne liye hotel mei already room book ki hui hai, thanks for the invitation lekin mei hotel mei check in karna chahungi!" She told him and headed out towards the car waiting for her. 

Ashok followed her,"Anamika please!! Tum pehli baar Delhi aai ho aur apna ghar hote hue ghar ki bahu hotel mei ruke kaisa lagta hai? Please ghar chalo!!" Ashok insisted but Anamika was firm at her decision after all she had promised her parents that she won't step at Ashok's place and she's not going to break that promise at any cost. 

Clearly, even Ashok was not ready to let her go, he kept on insisting and at the end Anamika just ignored him and left the place, she had no time to waste over him. Ashok followed her, he's not going to let the opportunity slip out of his hand, he followed her until they reach the hotel where he was both disappointed and hopeful at the same time. Disappointed because Anamika was going to stay in that hotel despite having a home and hopeful because Vineet was in the same hotel. It seems God is in his favor, he can still control things. He let her check in the hotel but went to have a talk with her. 

"Dekho Anamika, aab tum yahin rehna chahti ho toh main kuch nahi kar sakta par apna khayal rakhna aur kissi chij ki jarurat ho toh you can call me anytime!" He assured her to which she sighs and headed towards her room whe Ashok made a call to Vineet. 

Vineet who was in his room lying on the bed trying to figure out why Vandita is rejecting him? Why does she love a guy like Bala who can never imagine giving her anything good in life and not him, who can even get the moon for her? Why?? He was deeply lost in his thoughts when his cell suddenly rings, he gazes at the caller id and sighs to see his brother's name flashing on the screen. 

"Ashok, tu kyun mujhe baar baar call kar ke pareshan kar raha hai? Ek baar mei baat samajh nahi aati kya tujhe? Don't call me again and again!! Tu mera decision badal nahi sakta!!" He shouted at him. 

"Vineet tu kyun nahi samajhta ye paagalpan hai!! Ye Vandita tere layak tak nahi hai, arey usne kita insult kiya tujhe, uski uss behen Ishita ne kya haal kiya tha tera yaad nahi?? Bhai, tu uske piche mat ghoom, you have a wife, uska toh soch kuch. Arey wo Vandita bhi tujh se pyar nahi karti hai aur na karegi kabhi. Please bhai, laut aa, aab bhi kuch nahi bigda hai main sab thik kar dunga!!" Ashok tried to convince him but Vineet only shouted over him to discourage him. 

"Shut the fuck up Ashok!! I didn't ask for your advice so stop giving one!! Mujhe tujh se seekhne ki jarurat nahi hai ki mujhe kya karna hai samjhe? Main apna khayal khud rakh lunga, do not teach me what to do. Tu apna dekh, mera nahi!!" He barked at Ashok and cut the call, his breath uneasy. 

Ashok grunted in anger and proceeded to move out of the hotel lobby when his eyes fell on something kept on the table which only angered him more and he left from there immediately. 

... 

Anamika checked in her room. She takes a quick bath and gets ready as she has an appointment with the doctor after which she needs to see her client Mr. Bhalla and the investors. 

Anamika let out a sigh while checking the time, she still have some moments to share with herself so she orders a coffee and relaxes herself on the master couch when her eyes fall on the newspaper placed on the table, as she pulls the paper towards herself hot blood rush down spine, she feel her limbs getting numb, her mind totally blank to read the headlines of the paper. 

"Business Tycoon Vineet Khanna's new love interest!!" 

Anamika felt her world suddenly collapse. Yeah, he did leave the house in anger and never took her call, she's hurt with his behavior and angry at the same time but the news had broken her. He found a new love interest? He's in love with another woman? Her husband, the person she loved the most and the person who loved her more than anything found a new love interest? How can he move on so easily? Is it that easy to find new love? Tears rolled down her cheek, she felt pain in her abdomen and a lump in her throat. 

Everything around her suddenly feels too strange to hold on. She felt the room getting smaller, suffocating her. Anamika tore the pages of the newspaper and threw it away. 

As she continued to fight with herself, her Assistant knocked on the door reminding her of her doctor's appointment. Anamika places her hand on her stomach, sobbing silently at the destiny of her child who's already not going to get the love of the father. The father who was so excited to have a child and planned one but left her side just like that only for some money. Yes, she's a few months pregnant. She got to know about it the day he left her, she tried to connect with him, called him several times to share the news but he didn't take even one call and now he's drooling over other women. How is she going to face her child? How will she explain things? 

She sobs, her heart craved for his support, his shoulder to lean on but he's not ready to even hear her and now he's found someone else to comfort himself while she's left alone. 

Anamika closes her eyes in order to calm herself and lean on the back post of the couch, their sweet moments flashing before her eyes, giving her both pain and peace at the same time. 

.... 

To be continued...